Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Jeritroll strikes again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Scott Steiners been on a mad rant about Hogan/Bischoff/Pritchard on Twitter for the last while,some of the more entertaining tweets:

About Hogan's daughter:
    ''Why don't u put ur daughter on a corner and see how much she makes on her back as she can't sing or dance"

On Hogan/ Bobby Roode:
    ''Hogan also attackd Bobby Roode on the radio b4 he was going to wrestle Kurt Angle In Philli on ppv sayn Roode wasnt ready,Ive wrestled Bobby a bunch of times n he wrestles hard every nite n he can go,He can talk,wrestle and looks good,and hes proving that hogan doesnt know ****(except that garrett is the future)..WTF

https://twitter.com/#!/scottsteiner

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

Anyone any idea what happened here?? A small exchange between them on twitter too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Believe it's just a twitter angle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Angle it was posted in the news thread when it happened.

LONG time WWE writer Ed Koskey is seen in the video. Also the Official WWE twitter tweeted it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

As noted before, WWE will be bringing back the No Way Out pay-per-view this year on June 17th from East Rutherford, New Jersey. The new No Way Out DVD synopsis indicates a format change for the event.

Rumors a few months back were that No Way Out would feature more cage matches, similar to TNA's Lockdown pay-per-view. The synopsis below indicates cage matches with various stipulations. Here's the DVD synopsis:

"After a three year hiatus, WWE No Way Out is back and recharged! The annual pay-per-view that became notorious for its brutal, main event Steel Cage Matches gets reincarnated, but this time the Superstars of WWE will take the thematic event a step further, as they find new and innovative ways to prevent opponents from escaping. All stipulations in place, which may include Lumberjack, Strap, Chain, Steel Cage, Handcuff Matches or more will ensure no respite from the chaos inside the ring."
    So basically Extreme Rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Better than Fatal 4 Way, I'd heard rumours of them bringing that back.

Scott Steiners been on a mad rant about Hogan/Bischoff/Pritchard on Twitter for the last while,some of the more entertaining tweets:

As with the Ambrose/Foley story, this may also be another Twitter angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So we have an Elimination Chamber PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV, a TLC PPV, an Extreme Rules PPV and now a Steel Cage PPV? Am I the only one who remembers when those matches meant something? TNA get away with it because it is only one PPV they have like that and one that does well for them. It's one of their big PPV's too, so they build up to it. I dont think any of them count as a big PPV for WWE meaning the matches will be forced into the stipulations instead of needing them.
    Charisteas wrote: »
    One of the "big" wrestling reporters said it was. Cant remember who tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Steiner's is about 100x better though, due to his hilarious rants.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So we have an Elimination Chamber PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV, a TLC PPV, an Extreme Rules PPV and now a Steel Cage PPV? Am I the only one who remembers when those matches meant something? TNA get away with it because it is only one PPV they have like that and one that does well for them. It's one of their big PPV's too, so they build up to it. I dont think any of them count as a big PPV for WWE meaning the matches will be forced into the stipulations instead of needing them.

Who knew 5 years ago it would be wwe now being accused of overgimmicking their own ppv's. I am looking forward to Lockdown in particular Rhoode vs Storm.

15th Anniversary of Barely Legal

ecw-barely-legal-ppv-poster-signed-by-taz-%26-sabu-1997_120686395352.jpg

^ The tits

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    One of the "big" wrestling reporters said it was. Cant remember who tho.

Rovert - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78037606&postcount=2370

The promo's did seem a little too close to home, never suspected it was a work until it was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The Steiner Hogan thing has a real Russo WCW vibe to it.

Rovert - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78037606&postcount=2370

The promo's did seem a little too close to home, never suspected it was a work until it was confirmed.
    I didnt mean poster when I said someone lol. I meant I couldnt remember who (turns out it's good ol' Dave) reported it, not who poted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Our Lady Peace have erased Chris Benoit from their history
    Jon Chattman of The Huffington Post conducted an interview with Canadian alternative rock band Our Lady Peace, where they discuss how they've had to retire Chris Benoit's WWE theme song "Whatever" altogether — because of the incomprehensible tragedy that took place five years ago.

Over a three-day period ending on June 24, 2007, Benoit killed his wife Nancy and strangled his seven-year-old son Daniel before committing suicide via hanging. Chattman, a music blogger, asked band frontman Raine Maida and guitarist Steve Mazur if they still play "Whatever" following the event.

"I couldn't imagine singing that, to be honest. It's so tied into him and the tragedy that happened, I just couldn't get it out of my head," said Mazur.

Maida added they've removed the song from their catalog. Chattman thought it was a shame they no longer play it since it's such a "kickass" song. Read the whole interview here: http://tinyurl.com/85vss2k

Credit: The Huffington Post

On a side note, it's still on iTunes under the Forceable Entry CD. Although oddly the CD only has 4 tracks available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Our Lady Peace have erased Chris Benoit from their history

Credit: The Huffington Post

On a side note, it's still on iTunes under the Forceable Entry CD. Although oddly the CD only has 4 tracks available.

is that a jay's POV? :p

CMpunked wrote: »
    is that a jay's POV? :p

No because it actually added something to the story unlike Powells POV.

GTR63 wrote: »
    No because it actually added something to the story unlike Powells POV.

3327680+_13acb23c760a88a5fd38ae02ba10bdf9.jpg

• Advertisement

It's mad to think that was nearly 5 years ago already :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Still have the OLP DVD where they pay tribute to him as one of of their best friends and then play his song. Top band!

I would love to see her return as her slutty punk heel persona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I would love to see her return as a slut. Or a heel persona

fixed

Source: Pwinsider

Here is the latest on the Mick Foley vs. Dean Ambrose. Foley has reportedly written a blog on the situation, but has decided not to publish it until his latest book deal (his WWE kid’s book featuring Miz and CM Punk, among others) so as not to hurt his book deal.

WWE has a long term plan set with their storyline and they started the issue via social media and will then move it to a larger scale.

The goal is to introduce and make Ambrose a star right out of the gate in a new and unique manner.

Ive decided that Ambrose's WWE name should be Ken Cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lol, FCW talent getting a push right out of the gate. This isn't 2002! Let's pair him with Roddy Piper or Rosey from 3 Minute Warning :P

The goal is to introduce and make
    Ambrose a star right out of the gate in a new and unique manner.

Quick someone go tell foley he has to bother to get in good enough shape to have a match to make this guy look like a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If that's the goal why lumber him with a hack like Foley who most of the audience don't give two shíts about nowadays?

• Advertisement

If that's the goal why lumber him with a hack like Foley who most of the audience don't give two shíts about nowadays?

The only reason they dont care is because wwe havent given them a reason to.

If this is the first of wwe debuts that have solid plans in place that has been brought up a few months ago then good stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement