Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Quiz dundalk

Options
  • 11-10-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody know of a regular pub quiz in dundalk, me and a few friends from work have been looking for one for a while but all we can find is one off charity quizzes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Plenty of puzzles to be solved in Dundalk stadium a few nights a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭up the town

Pub Quiz in Oriel park every thursday night, good nights fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Every Thursday night in Toales bar there is a quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

thanks for the replys i must give these a go, i presume they start around 8 o'clock or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Insurgent,
    Never got going to Toales last week but you don't know what time their quiz be's on, do you, please?

• Advertisement

From memory they start at about 10..bit late I know!

It's just a bit of craic so I wouldn't hold your breath for a prize!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Thanks Insurgent, you'll make a local of me yet!!

Bambi I'm in now at the minute and no sign of quiz! Depends of numbers lovely pub though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Kennedy's across from the Railway Station has one every Thursday. Great pub, good beer and a popular quiz afaik. Only been the once meself because of work commitments but it was a decent standard.

Or at least it would be if the iPhone hadn't have caused the death of the pub quiz. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Kennedy's across from the Railway Station has one every Thursday. Great pub, good beer and a popular quiz afaik. Only been the once meself because of work commitments but it was a decent standard.

Or at least it would be if the iPhone hadn't have caused the death of the pub quiz. :mad:

Yeah +1 on Kennedys. Live beside it myself and went to a couple with some friends. Can be a bit slow though but still good fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

People shouldn't use their iphones, it's not fair:(. About 10yrs ago there used to be a great one in Fitzpatricks on a Mon night. Only a fiver per table of four and there were baskets of chicken wings. I dunno if it's still running. I love quiz nights though we haven't been to one in ages.

Advertisement