Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Streamium wacs 7500

• 11-10-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

Search function is down right now so cant do a search on this.

Looking for some feedback on this http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/wireless-audio-products/streamium-wacs7500_05/prd/ie/

am looking into purchasing at the mo.can see it as a great thing for running music and movies(by hooking it up to existing 5.1 amp) from laptop.live in a one bedroom apartment so the main unit will be in living area and smaller unit will be in bedroom.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Search function is down right now so cant do a search on this.

Looking for some feedback on this http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/wireless-audio-products/streamium-wacs7500_05/prd/ie/

am looking into purchasing at the mo.can see it as a great thing for running music and movies(by hooking it up to existing 5.1 amp) from laptop.live in a one bedroom apartment so the main unit will be in living area and smaller unit will be in bedroom.

Someone had posted something of similarity in the past but how en'never..

Owner of the first few from the Philips WACS series all of which horrendously crashed one after another(HDD faults mostly from over use :D).

I have eventually gone the route of Nas drive, in conjunction with few Squeexbox duets and a Popcorn hour. Am looking forward to a Radio edition for the X-Mass stocking!

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

akaSol wrote: »
    Someone had posted something of similarity in the past but how en'never..

Owner of the first few from the Philips WACS series all of which horrendously crashed one after another(HDD faults mostly from over use :D).

I have eventually gone the route of Nas drive, in conjunction with few Squeexbox duets and a Popcorn hour. Am looking forward to a Radio edition for the X-Mass stocking!

>Sol

Thanks sol,

while this could be a contender, it may not be competely usable for non tech-savvy users. Initially it was the OH that said she'd love to have a system to play in all rooms (so i leapt on that band wagon,mouth watering with what tech we coud pick up), but all she really wants to do is to be able to turn the thing on and pres play. She gets really annoyed and confused when it comes to: turning on the amp, finding the switch to turn to aux or relevant setting, finding remote for cd/dvd player.lets not even get into navigating around an ipod. This system seems to carry the ease of usability with built in CD player and FM radio with built-in speakers, while I would be able to get great use out of the other techy features.

all that said, reviews have been so so, and i'v been hearing more and more the system breaking down.

have to look into squeeze box a bit more, not sure if they have a system with built in speakers or not?(the less seperates systems to switch on the better)

They sure do Paddy.
    RADIO and the Boom have their own speakers and a NAS might be to much , however a low powered PC or mini-laptop to run squeeze server is all you need to access the audio files.
    Plus you have all that internet radio choice as well!

>Sol

(Duet running though my HTK is utter laziness ;)! and the units can be switched on from the laptop/duet remote in one go)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

akaSol wrote: »
    They sure do Paddy.
    RADIO and the Boom have their own speakers and a NAS might be to much , however a low powered PC or mini-laptop to run squeeze server is all you need to access the audio files.
    Plus you have all that internet radio choice as well!

>Sol

(Duet running though my HTK is utter laziness ;)! and the units can be switched on from the laptop/duet remote in one go)

So i defo need a pc of sorts to access music?Is there any connections at the rear to connect a multimedia hdd?I know its possible to hook up an ipod but Want to try and minimize use of external sources. If I could hook up and external hdd then at;east i could just leave it there and only use it when backing up - the rest of the time used to music access on squeezebox.

lot of q's here sol but haven't seen one of these in the flesh yet

So i defo need a pc of sorts to access music?Is there any connections at the rear to connect a multimedia hdd?I know its possible to hook up an ipod but Want to try and minimize use of external sources. If I could hook up and external hdd then at;east i could just leave it there and only use it when backing up - the rest of the time used to music access on squeezebox.

lot of q's here sol but haven't seen one of these in the flesh yet

Your going to need a monitor/screen if your connecting a MMHD, the NAS comes in handy for that because you just wire it to your router.
    B.T.W. ALL my squeezboxes run from my NAS, and my video as well come to think of it.
    It may not be perfect but maybe an EEEBOX? and you could mount that behind your TV for web browsing? It is very energy savy too.

>Sol

• Advertisement
Advertisement