Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm having an Irish Broadband issue...

Options
  • 11-10-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Due to having no other option, I bought a Ripwave to use for gaming yesterday. It worked fine in all respects. Now, as of about an hour ago, I can't connect to Xbox Live. I can still use it for regular internet though. Xbox Live doesn't seem to currently be down, so... I'm stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions?

(I'd do a search first, but... y'know.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Using Ripwave for everything else except web browsing & email is a big FAIL. Is it a ports issue maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

humaxf1 wrote: »
    Using Ripwave for everything else except web browsing & email is a big FAIL. Is it a ports issue maybe?

Thats a bit harsh but true :pac:

OP ripwave is a midband product-if you want to play x box live i suggest you get dsl or cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Do you connect the ripwave directly into your computer or does it go through a router?

humaxf1 wrote: »
    Do you connect the ripwave directly into your computer or does it go through a router?

OP you crack me up :)

You connect the ripwave modem directly via the ethernet cable

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Actually you can connect them through a router, have done so meself in the past

• Advertisement

johnciall wrote: »
    Actually you can connect them through a router, have done so meself in the past

Ok fair enough

But OP seriously ripwave is a **** product-it is not real broadband, just midband.

Advertisement