Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mouse problem using photoshop (cs4)

Options
  • 11-10-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hey all,

wondering if anyone's found their mouse develop a mind of it's own when using photoshop cs4? if i try to select something, or move something, or draw a text box, it zooms off and drops whatever it was i was doing on the other side of the page, sometime off the canvas. Is this a common problem? It could just be my mouse on its last legs but since it hasn't given any trouble using any other programs and its happened before in PS I'm leaning towards photoshop actin the maggot rather than the mouse. (or its become self-aware and vindictive and knows I've got a deadline :eek: )

x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Hmmmm, its odd that the problem is software specific.

First of all, do you have a graphics tablet? If so, disconnnect it when using the mouse and see if it helps. I left my laptop partially covering the tablet a while back and the magnetic effect caused the cursor to go crazy. Something with a magnet nearby may be messing with it.

The same could be said if you are working on a laptop and there is something nearby interfering with the built in mouse (the name escapes me right now (trackpad???). Anyway, something like a mobile phone or ipod nearby?

Can you post more info about the setup? Laptop/desktop, Optical/ball mouse, any funky mouse pad between it and the desk? As in multiple colours/design (this can cause the cursor to jump if using an optical mouse..)

EDIT: Maybe check this out http://forums.adobe.com/thread/345177 it seems youre not the only one with the problem and it maybe graphics card related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 djsilva2005

...sorry, but my english is very poor...

ok, first, my computer... motherboard ASUS P5N-D, Intel Core 2 Quad E6600, 4 gigas Ram (2x 2Gb DDR2 800MHz kingston), raid0 500gb (2x250 WD), NVidia G-force 8600GT 512Mb, mouse Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000...

Drivers & software: Intelipoint 7.0.258.0 08/05/2009, NVIDIA 8.16.11.9107 (video).

I have the same problem on Photoshop Extended 11.0 CS4 & Photoshop Elements 8.0.

S.O. Windows 7 (7600 build)

fell like some data corruption on some cache for mouse movements & clicks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 skittle_fingers

I've a Wacom Bamboo tablet, it wasn't connected this most recent time the problem's happened but i honestly couldnt say if it was the previous times. I'm on a Dell XPS m1530 laptop + I do have a mousemat, it one of those kind of rubbery/foamy ones + it's black + grey. The jumping mouse problem is so sporadic I'm reluctant to blame the mousemat since I'd use it with no problems most of the time (and also it seems confined to Photoshop)

Advertisement