Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gym membership on a credit card - protected purchase?

Options
  • 11-10-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of joining a gym, but they won't accept monthly payments.

If it folds after a period, and I've paid on my CC, will I be entitled to a refund in the same way as if it was a product I was buying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

uberwolf wrote: »
    Was thinking of joining a gym, but they won't accept monthly payments.

If it folds after a period, and I've paid on my CC, will I be entitled to a refund in the same way as if it was a product I was buying

From what Iv heard gyms is that most dont want you to paying monthly as most of their customers tend to get bored and quit/ stop going as much after a couple of months and that equals much lower income for the gym over people who pay for a year in advance and quit after a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this place had accepted monthly at one point. It's not trading all that long either.

I have the cash to join, but I really don't trust them enough to hand over a couple of hundred and then fold 2 weeks later. If I felt the CC would reimburse me if the gym went under, I'd be a lot more comfortable

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Problem would be that you're only protected for 1/3/6 months (depending on the card) from purchase date.

Advertisement