Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Students Wanting To Do Law...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I'm going for Law and Political Science number one at the moment. It's only in its second year, last year it came in at 555 and there's only 20 places, but demand for law has dropped this year... what d'you all reckon? Will it stay the same because it's so exclusive or will it drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

fauxshow wrote: »
    I'm going for Law and Political Science number one at the moment. It's only in its second year, last year it came in at 555 and there's only 20 places, but demand for law has dropped this year... what d'you all reckon? Will it stay the same because it's so exclusive or will it drop?

Won't drop that many if it does. The fact that in its first year it went for 555 means that it is going to stay in that very high points category. If does drop it may go to 535 but i can't see it dropping considerably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

unknown13 wrote: »
    Won't drop that many if it does. The fact that in its first year it went for 555 means that it is going to stay in that very high points category. If does drop it may go to 535 but i can't see it dropping considerably

Also you have to remember that others will have seen that demand for law has dropped, and may decide to put it down during the change of mind window, thereby increasing the demand again, possibly even past what it was last year. I wouldn't go by stats from that early in the day if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

Can't really see it dropping that much. You have to remember that amongst the leaving cert students there are also mature students, international students and people transferring from different courses going for the same 20 spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 arryanna

I'm hoping/praying for Law in UCD. I love the college and have a great interest in the subject. Fingers crossed :) Best of luck to everyone also, perhaps with a great deal of luck and maybe a miracle intervention we'll all get where we want :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Danc124 wrote: »
    I was looking at Eco,law and politics in DCU aswell.Are you sure its not accredited? My Career Guidance cllr. said it was.(Then again shes an idiot)
    Damn I was really hoping to do that course.

Sadly, it isn't. The Law and Society course is though.

I have Law in Trinity down as my first, and Law and Society in DCU down as second, with Maynooth 3rd.

I have Law, Politics and Economics in DCU as my fourth, as if worse comes to worst, I am still studying Law, just have to do extra exams in King's Inn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

gera wrote: »
    Trinity if I actually manage to open a book this year. So spoilt having a photographic memory , too lazy because of it though ha

same boat as gera with the memory thing....but because of it im the laziest feeker going!

i'll add my name to this law thang too!

Ucd, UL, DCU, NUIM and NUIG :P

no trinners wasn't a fan i was up there for a music assesment test and found the place damp and old and not nice...:cool:

Advertisement