Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Ballsbridge

Options
  • 11-10-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

I'm driving to Dublin on Friday and I'm wondering where could I find parking in or around Ballsbridge, specifically around the American Embassy? I don't mind walking a bit, but the closer the better. I presume that there is on-street parking available around there, but I don't want to arrive up there and find nothing. Also, I don't really want to park anywere that'll break the bank either, but it will only be for two/three hours max.

Looking at Google Maps, that part of the city seems quite easy to get to (from Cork) but bear in mind that I've only ever flown to Dublin before (or gone on the train in the olden days, i.e. up until Ryanair started going from Cork to Dublin) so basically I only know a straight line from the airport to Dundrum via O'Connell Street, Henry Street and Grafton Street, so please stupid down the directions for me. :D

Also, is IKEA still really busy, or has it calmed down? I might head out there when I'm done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Can't be certain, but there's usually some parking on Clyde Road during the day. I walk home that way once or twice a week and there's always a few spaces. Not sure on price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Any of the roads around the embassy,barring Merrion road have on street parking,so check out clyde,Elgin, wellington roads. You best bet if coming from cork is to continue down the Naas rd untill you meet the canal,turn right on to it and continue down,I think untill the 7th bridge,turn right there,that's baggot st, if you take the second right that's wellington road,clyde and elgin join it.The embassy is on the bottom of Elgin road.Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's always parking at the bottom of Elgin Road whenever I go there during afternoons. It costs almost €3/hour and is possibly the safest area to park in Dublin as there are both embassy security and Garda there all the time.

To elaborate on dubtom's route, you take a right onto Davitt Rd (canal on your left) at the Blackhorse tram station (after Bluebell station), then right again at the Suir Rd station (after Goldenbridge). With the canal on your left keep going for 2/3 miles, then take the right just after the petrol station on your left. Then you're on Baggot St and follow the rest of tom's directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Theres a new car park open on Shelbourne road (2 min walk). €1.50ph and they do deals for the day. Its across from starbucks/Iona house (the old UCD veterinary site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

The area bound by Pembroke Road to the east, the canal to the north, Leeson St to the west and Herbert Park to the south is leafy suburb land. These are wide streets and almost all of them have parking on each side of the road. It's expensive (~€3 per hour), so people don't tend to park there for the entire day and you're pretty much guaranteed a space within 10 minutes walk of the embassy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Julesco

Hi all, could anyone please let me know if the Shelbourne Road Car Park still operates? Trying to get parking weekdays in ballsbridge, i hear the RDS is an option also?

Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm travelling to Dublin tomorrow and would like to know if that carpark on Shelbourne rd is still in operation.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wearyexplorer

Bump! Anyone know if the car park mentiond on Shelbourne Road still operating? Thank you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bump! Anyone know if the car park mentiond on Shelbourne Road still operating? Thank you.

No it's a building site the Aviva or rds are six Euro for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Sorry lads don't want to start a new thread,can anyone of recommended a taxi company in Ballsbridge please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭browne_rob5

pkvader wrote: »
    Sorry lads don't want to start a new thread,can anyone of recommended a taxi company in Ballsbridge please?

http://nrc.ie/

Mr.S wrote: »
    You'd be better off using Hailo tbh.

Are they more reliable than NRC?,I'm not worried about price,I'm going to be under time pressure to make a train next week and I need the cab to be waiting to rock and roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Are they more reliable than NRC?,I'm not worried about price,I'm going to be under time pressure to make a train next week and I need the cab to be waiting to rock and roll.

You can book a hailo in advance for a specific time & location

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You can book your Hailo right now through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

Sorry guys can anyone tell me is on street parking in Dublin city centre free on the Sunday of a bank holiday?
    number10a wrote: »
    I'm driving to Dublin on Friday and I'm wondering where could I find parking in or around Ballsbridge, specifically around the American Embassy? I don't mind walking a bit, but the closer the better. I presume that there is on-street parking available around there, but I don't want to arrive up there and find nothing. Also, I don't really want to park anywere that'll break the bank either, but it will only be for two/three hours max.

Looking at Google Maps, that part of the city seems quite easy to get to (from Cork) but bear in mind that I've only ever flown to Dublin before (or gone on the train in the olden days, i.e. up until Ryanair started going from Cork to Dublin) so basically I only know a straight line from the airport to Dundrum via O'Connell Street, Henry Street and Grafton Street, so please stupid down the directions for me. :D

Also, is IKEA still really busy, or has it calmed down? I might head out there when I'm done.

You can book your Hailo right now through the app.

Cheers,done it there earlier.

Does the taxi normally call before they arrive?,

Mr.S wrote: »
    You'll get a notification on the app with your drivers details / where he is / when he's arrived. But the drivers usually call when they're outside too.

That's great ,first time using this ,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You can also track the drivers location via the app when they're on their way.
    chg1980 wrote: »
    Sorry guys can anyone tell me is on street parking in Dublin city centre free on the Sunday of a bank holiday?

Yes. There's loads of on-street parking around there on Elgin Rd/Clyde Rd/Raglan Rd/Wellington Rd/Waterloo Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wearyexplorer

I parked in RDS for six euro btw. A frustrating experience as difficult to find the ticket guy and automated machines didn't accept notes. Bring change! Closed at 7pm that day.

Advertisement