Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rs 50, Nsr 80, restricted Nsr 125?

Options
  • 11-10-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Im just wondering is the Nsr 80 any Quicker than the Rs 50? Ive an Rs50 but it struggles to get 60mph but it will happily do 50/55mph, now I know its only a 50cc and 60mph on a 50 is great but I would just like something with a little more power for overtaking. Ive an A1 licence which restricts me to a max power of 11kw and under 125cc. I have my eye on a Nsr125 which is going quite cheap. is it hard to restrict them? I think they are only 13.4kw as standard so it wouldnt need to be restricted much to get it down to 11kw. And if it was restsricted to 11kw would it be quicker than my Aprillia? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

expect 70mph from a restricted 125cc.
    And mind yourself on overtakes, there's a lot of drivers coming the other way at warp speed chatting on their mobiles that aren't looking out for bikes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jwcpfc

ok great thanks, I know theres so many different ways of rescricting a bike but would it be possible to wire up a rev restrictor to a bike, but have a hidden switch that you can turn it on and off with:D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

go for the 125.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

jwcpfc wrote: »
    ok great thanks, I know theres so many different ways of rescricting a bike but would it be possible to wire up a rev restrictor to a bike, but have a hidden switch that you can turn it on and off with:D?

Most common ways are either to restrict the throttle so you can't rev it out fuly or put washers in the air intake will chokes the engine at the higher end of the rev range. As for turning it off, those washers are prone to falling out :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Overtaking on an NSR 80 is as scary as the rs 50, a tiny bit quicker though.
    Go for the 125 if insurance ain't to steep.

• Advertisement

so if i went for the 125 and got it restricted how would i prove to the insurance company that the bike was restricted? do i get a certificate or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

yeah ya have a restriction cert alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Go for 125, its just more 'Motorbikey' looking.

if i restricted the bike where would i get the cert? or does it have to be done by a garage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

jwcpfc wrote: »
    if i restricted the bike where would i get the cert? or does it have to be done by a garage?

Has to be done by a garage to be certified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Go for the 125, as opposed to the 50/80 2 strokes, it has a nice powerband as 'should' be expected on a stroker.
    The steering geometry is garbage, but its still better than an nsr50/80 which feels like a shopping trolley.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

NSR 125's from '02 onwards were factory restricted I think.
    Cheaper to insure than the older ones.
    Check FI international dunno if there is restrictor kit for them......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Factory restriction on the nsr reduced power down to around 14bhp which is just bloody awful for an already asmatic bike.
    The restriction itself varies from simple ECU or washers to incredibly annoying exhaust bore.

Advertisement