Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back running again after 15 years away

• 11-10-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all my name is Joe,

Started back 2 weeks ago

last week

Tuesday 2 miles 20 minutes
    Thursday 2 miles 20 minutes
    Saturday 2 miles 19.45 minutes

this week

Tuesday 2 miles 19.35
    Thursday 2 miles 19.25
    Saturday 2 miles 18.28

My plan is to keep the 2 mile runs going for a couple more weeks then add a few 5k runs....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good luck with the return Joe, was in a similar position myself last year.
    Any medium / long term goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

Joe best of luck on your return to the sport.I was in the same position 18 months ago and got back in to the swing of training fairly quickly.Much of the running scene has changed but there are still some of the old faces around,i never heard if "energy gels" till last year.One Word of advice is enjoy the sport,I find i enjoy my training and racing more this time around even though my times are not the same as in 1993!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭DublinRunnerJoe

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Good luck with the return Joe, was in a similar position myself last year.
    Any medium / long term goals?

Medium goals would be able to run 5k without any problems...

Advertisement