Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connaught Rangers

Options
  • 11-10-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Am a keen collector of Connaught Rangers medals and I am wondering if there may be collectors out there who may have same for trade.
    Am looking for a Long Service George VII medal to start with.
    Have some good medals to trade for Conn.Rangers medals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

i have a some single medals to the rangers and a pair , about a dozen in all . medals to this premier Irish regiment are thin on the ground . you may find what you are looking for but you will pay a decent price for it . good luck in your quest. i started collecting militaria after reading about the connaught rangers and the first item i got was a cap badge .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dennismac

Dennismac wrote: »
    Am a keen collector of Connaught Rangers medals and I am wondering if there may be collectors out there who may have same for trade.
    some of the medals include MSM and 14/15 Star trio to the R.I.R , Pair to South Irish Horse War and Victory, Pair to South Irish Horse 14/15 Star and Victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RANGER8894

I also collect ODM to the 88th & 94th The Connaught Rangers 1793 - 1922 including Photos + Diaries + other original documents. I usually have ODM to other Irish Units to trade. I also collect Medals to men lost on RMS Leinster in October 1918. Happy to exchange information with other collectors. I have most of the books published on the Regiment and by men who served in the Regiment.
    Quis Separabit

Hi,
    Yes, I just collect Medals to the 88th,94th and Connaught Rangers. I have other items to the Connaughts that I will be willing to trade for said medals.
    My collection can be seen if you visit roscommonhistory.ie (under Military.)
    they have a section on the Connaught Rangers.
    Most of the items that I have for trade are metal, dont have anything in the line of Doc's etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Hi,
    Yes, I just collect Medals to the 88th,94th and Connaught Rangers. I have other items to the Connaughts that I will be willing to trade for said medals.
    My collection can be seen if you visit roscommonhistory@eircom.net.
    they have a section on the Connaught Rangers.
    Most of the items that I have for trade are metal, dont have anything in the line of Doc's etc.

Is there a website to view those items (the link you posted is an email address) ?

• Advertisement

Sorry,
    roscommonhistory.ie under military

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

Dennismac had a look at the stuff you have pictured on-line, brilliant collection. no point in tryiny to tell you anything about the Connaught Rangers.

Thanks.
    Dont forget that I am still looking for same and have some good swaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Hi Dennismac, congratulations on a great collection, I collect to all the Irish regiments including the CR but I dont have anything to trade at the moment, if you want to PM what you are looking for and what you ahve to trade that would be great,I live in galway and am always hopeful of finding something to the Connaughts.
    Best Regards,
    Kabakuyu

Hi,
    Am looking for anything in the line of medals to the Connaughts especially EdwVII Long Service Medals and Trio's.
    Have a nice collection of South Irish Horse Medals to trade which are
    KIA 1914/15 Star, Pair War and Victory,Pair 14/15 star and Vict,14/15 star trio who was Comissioned to the Munsters. All medals issued to South Irish Horse.Even have some rare badges in my collection that are Connaughts and extras.
    Dennis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 me oh my

i have a connaught rangers medals.. quis separabit... kipling and king regiment..

Advertisement