Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City @ The Weekend

Options
  • 11-10-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

I just moved to Dublin and I've a few friends coming up next weekend. I'm trying to plan things to do. Could anyone advise good restaurants, bars, and clubs, or anything else to do in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

Travel up to Parnell Square. Do a little tour of the Spire. Head down to the Custom House.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Hi Yeah, welcome to Dublin, I hope it's working out for you. I imagine you are looking for something not too formal? I would suggest Market bar, great food, great prices (some people hate it, but most people like it). It's a giant place that does an Irish version of tapas (larger helpings) on Georges st.

Someone more knowledgeable will help regarding the clubs. Tell us what you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Where have you moved from? What did you like there? Rough idea of age? Interests?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Thanks for that lightning. Market bar sounds really nice, will definatly give it a visit on Friday. I heard as well there are loads of restaurants on the dineindublin event so I might go to one of them restaurants on Saturday. Which resturants would you advise from this list.

We're early 20's. Interests: Music, Movies, Food, clubs

Jaysus, loads there!!! Koh is great fun, brilliant cocktails and a creative menu. Loads of the others are good too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

A thumbs down for Koh for me had a poor experience there shortly after it opened. Service was bad left waiting for table etc.

On that list L'Gueuleton and Saba are both solid choices imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I'd go for Hugo's or Monty's from that list. Two solid choices. Both are really central for heading out afterwards as well. Loads and loads of pub choices, if you're heading somewhere afterwards I'd gravitate towards Whelans. Something there for everyone (unless you want swank). Shebeen on George's St is worth stopping off at on the way down.

Also, Oktoberfest is on until Sunday. Haven't been there yet this year but the atmosphere was brilliant last year. http://www.paulaner-oktoberfest.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Bring them to oktoberfest beside the IFSC its on all week

Monty's

Fantastic place, try the raw lamb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Mash @ basebar on friday nights is a new thing this year, 5 euro in, and some decent drinks promos, not been there yet myself but ive heard good reviews!

• Advertisement

A Burger and chips in Eddie Rockets on a Friuday Night or a walk around the Mansion House.

Crotchety wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

A cup of tea at Connolly. A bit more upmarket.

Advertisement