Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My poor lawn -

Options
  • 11-10-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    I moved into my house about 3 years ago and to be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the garden...
    My poor grass is in a state though - patchy, weedy, mushroomy, nettley... you name it!
    It might be the wrong time of year to start worrying about this, but I wonder is there a special feed or something I can use? Or should I just dig it up again and re-sow it in the spring?
    All advice greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance...
    Hazel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 davedonie

I had this with my own garden and first off I should say I'm not particular. I mowed the lawn strraight through. Looked bothched as it had been so long. I kept that up and it started to look ok after awhile. Then I scattered something called lawn weed, feed and mosskiller. All the weeds went black and I had to rake away all that black dead weeds. Ita a big lawn so I just did my best. Then later in the year I scattered some grass seed around all the patches in the lawn. It was May that I did the lawn sand and September I did the grass seed. Looks nice now. Wont win any awards but its nice.

Advertisement