Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Xbox I buy in Canada - will it work here?

• 11-10-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭

Travelling to Canada later this week. Want to buy Xbox for christmas; will the xbox I buy in Canada work in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The power supply should tolerate our voltages but you'd have to double check that it goes up to 240v. Irish games and dvds won't work in the machine though and you'd have to have a tv that supports ntsc broadcasting standard (most tvs do nowadays).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Xbox I bought in Ireland didn't work in Canada because of the power supply. A new power supply prooved near impossible to find and a transformer with enough watts was nearly the price of an xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You don't need a step down for canada, the transformer supports 120v to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Didn't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DryGinBoy

I think you would be safer just getting one here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pointless, most of the games are region locked so you would have to get your games from USA/Canada too.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

im in canada.. brought over xbox here in sept.. had to buy another power supply off ebay for 24 euro and it works fine here.. although im getting fifa 10 off the net and its been 10 days since i ordered it and no sign of it..

Advertisement