Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Haynes VW Polo Manual 1994 - 1999

• 11-10-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where i can get a cheap/2nd hand copy of this manual? Or...Anyone got a copy of this that you don't need? If you do and want to either give it away or sell it at a good price...i'd be happy to take it off your hands ;)

I'm utterly potless at the moment and can't afford to buy it (yep times really are getting that hard) from easons or halfords or even Amazon (don't have a credit card) etc.

Thanks Guys
    DF

VWPOLOManual.jpg

?action=view&current=VWPOLOManual.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I have one that I'm not using.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

Hal1 wrote: »
    I have one that I'm not using.

That's great man! If you'd be up for loaning/giving or selling it (at the right price ;-) i'd be seriously grateful.

Let me know.
    Cheers
    DF

(i'll drop you a pm as well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

maybe ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Your local library might have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Exact same question as OP!

Just bought a '97 polo and need to give it a once over. I'm completely broke so would anybody know where I could pick up a manual for free or very close to free?!

Can't find a cheap one on ebay because of postage and none in my library.

I'd even like a pdf version of the manual but I haven't been able to find any online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try Vagdrivers.net etc. They should have some how to guides to get you started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

If you need a specific part from the book, I got a copy and could scan the relevant pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

I found a relevant manual online (not Haynes), but it was in Spanish. Any good to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

barura wrote: »
    If you need a specific part from the book, I got a copy and could scan the relevant pages?

Wow, thanks for the offer Barura, really appreciated but I don't have any specific parts in mind at the moment. I just wanted to go over the whole car and do some general maintenance. :)

polyfusion wrote: »
    I found a relevant manual online (not Haynes), but it was in Spanish. Any good to you?

Yeah, I'll give that a go! I'll try putting it through google translate and see what happens.

Could you link me? Thanks Polyfusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Just as a general starting of, you could always check the sticky from the Maintenance section: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055422868

Having said that, youtube "how engines work" and there is more than enough info on the subject. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement