Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eamon dorans...

Options
  • 12-10-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

has anyone been into eamon dorans since it's been renamed 3 crown alley? i couldn't bring myself too darken it's doorway but my boyfriend had a look around and says it resembles a hotel lobey bar!
    i can't believe it, i had heard mcd bought it and intended to make two venues!

there was also a guy outside handing out flyers for the place who was incredibly rude!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Two venues? Lame.

Although it kinda was already.

Sounds like a waste of a decent place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Walked past it on Saturday bout 3am and it looked packed enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Is Difontaine's still there does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

di fontaines was closed yesterday evening anyway, not sure about the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It's closing down at some stage.

As for Dorans (never calling it anything else, much like The Point Depo.) I haven't been yet but after hearing about the changes... I don't think I'll be gracing its doorways again for a long time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

CianRyan wrote: »

As for Dorans (never calling it anything else, much like The Point Depo.) I haven't been yet but after hearing about the changes... I don't think I'll be gracing its doorways again for a long time...

what about the temple bar music centre?
    i dont like the button factory name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

tfak85 wrote: »
    di fontaines was closed yesterday evening anyway, not sure about the rest of the time.

Dorans is one thing, but Di Fontaines is closing down?! :eek:

orestes wrote: »

Yeah, this needs more explanation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

tfak85 wrote: »
    there was also a guy outside handing out flyers for the place who was incredibly rude!

You mean a man standing outside a pub/club/nightclub was very rude to you? Shock horror! :pac:

orestes wrote: »

Shame, their veggie pizza was delicious :( Voodoo is a bit far to walk for a slice, not very convenient either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well no one really calls it The Rock Garden anymore... so I imagine the Doran's title will be forgotten in time too.

I popped my head in on Saturday afternoon... it's been done up, but done up on the cheep... So it looks a bit nasty... at least the old grime and stench had a bit of charm to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There were nice pictures on the wall though. The printed pastel coloured kind that you buy in DIY stores for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jaysis, still spending punts yeah? still meeting young wans at "the pillar"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

cosmic wrote: »
    Shame, their veggie pizza was delicious :( Voodoo is a bit far to walk for a slice, not very convenient either :(

voodoo closed down years ago didnt it?

voodoo closed down years ago didnt it?

Did it?! :eek: Jaysus! Well, I guess I haven't been down there in about 6 years... feeling old now! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

the voodoos been gone AGES! as for 3 crown alley its awful,its a full on sports bar,setanta sports on the go,proper lighting,no juke box,clean toilets!its not the dorans i knew and loved:(

the voodoos been gone AGES! as for 3 crown alley its awful,its a full on sports bar,setanta sports on the go,proper lighting,no juke box,clean toilets!its not the dorans i knew and loved:(

Clean toilets? Fcuk that shít.

So it's not a rocker bar anymore?

yup!tis now a full on sports bar *sigh*:(

I had a quick look in today, I'm not sure about it.
    I looks nice enough but it's just not right.

Ah well, it's clean, that's a step up.
    Downstairs isn't open yet so I couldn't have a look.
    Fair enough about upstairs, that was always the "nicer" part but as gross as it was, I sort of like downstairs being gross.

what about the temple bar music centre?
    i dont like the button factory name

That's another one alright.
    Well no one really calls it The Rock Garden anymore... so I imagine the Doran's title will be forgotten in time too.

I've always referred to downstairs Dorans as The Rock Garden.
    Depends who you're talking too, I guess.
    Des wrote: »
    Jaysis, still spending punts yeah? still meeting young wans at "the pillar"?

Yes, why? :confused:

:pac:

Windsock sneaked downstairs on Saturday... it's not looking good either.

• Advertisement

You did aswell, no? I had a quick look and there was a cleaner mopping the floors. I don't know if the place is different or not as I have only seen it in the dark. But I think it looked cleaner.

Shhhh... you'll get me in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

WindSock wrote: »
    You did aswell, no? I had a quick look and there was a cleaner mopping the floors. I don't know if the place is different or not as I have only seen it in the dark. But I think it looked cleaner.

Cleaner?! Mopping?! Downstairs in Dorans?!

:eek:

That sounds pretty bloody different to me!

I mean the layout. Of course it's different without the dank. THE DANK!!!

As long as PacMan is still there...

As long as PacMan is still there...

nope:(

Right.
    That's that, then.

I'm never going back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I went into this place last night...it's fucking depressing. Its just so "modern" looking. It looks like a bloody restaurant now. Its way to bright and clean and full of yuppies. I never particularly liked Dorans but I did end up going there an awful lot and this new place is just shyte. When they got rid of the dank they got rid of the soul....I for one won't be going there again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

walked by on tuesday...was depressed that it was so horrid...and was happy i could at least have pizza...cept defontaines is torn to shreds :( no counter,nothing. its a goner, not a happy splinty :(

• Advertisement

I hope the new owner reads this thread and feels sad.

Advertisement