Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL Issues?

• 12-10-2009 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Has NTL/UPC been going up and down for anyone else over the past few hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cruibin

Yes , I'm having issues - internet connection dropping randomly! Always a DNS error!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

cruibin wrote: »
    Yes , I'm having issues - internet connection dropping randomly! Always a DNS error!

If it's a DNS error then try OpenDNS instead of UPC's creaky DNS servers. Bear in mind though, this won't make any difference if you're getting a DNS if the entire connection is down.

Spear wrote: »
    If it's a DNS error then try OpenDNS instead of UPC's creaky DNS servers. Bear in mind though, this won't make any difference if you're getting a DNS if the entire connection is down.

Thx Spear will try it.

Ok, tried OpenDNS, still having same problem. I get a disconnect.
    Tried Wired and wireless.
    modem plugged directly into cable box on wall.
    2 different laptops. different cables as well.
    And 35 mins trying to get thru to UPC ... *sigh*!

Has been very slow. Is everyone on the planet downloading these big Microsoft patches at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Rickard

this ripoff connection is currently down for me as well.. on eircon atm.

is there any isp in this country which isnt ripping you off?

what a joke. its either eircon with its overpriced interleaving bs, or upc with its throttling

Advertisement