Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Captain Morgan lovers...

Options
  • 12-10-2009 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a Diageo rep last week and the new Captain Morgan's 200ml 'naggin' bottle will be available in most offies from this coming week. It retails at E8.99. Judging from the constant requests i get in my job for smaller CM bottles, this particular size will be a huge hit. Especially with the students.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 obrien89

happy days its about time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

thats great, was in tesco and it was 27.99 for a bottle!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Also, check out Morgan's with ginger ale, tasty especially if you get some decent ginger ale which actually has ginger in it. It doesn't give you that a bit too much syrup-like effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Did Captain Morgan's rip-off or buy out Morgan's Spiced or whats the story there?

I rarely see bottles of Morgan's Spiced around anymore, especially in bars...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Jev/N wrote: »
    Did Captain Morgan's rip-off or buy out Morgan's Spiced or whats the story there?

From what i can see, Captain Morgans is the new name for Morgans Spiced. The bottle i'm referring to is the dark gold one. I haven't seen the darker Captain Morgans in an age, it was delisted from the shop i work in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

Has anyone tried the Captain Morgans dark rum yet?

I bought a bottle in the duty free yesterday and havent had a chance to sample some yet. But it smells explosive!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I believe they stopped making the original dark rum and are now just focusing on the golden rum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

I think there just different brands of spiced rum.....sailor collins is another one but i dont think its available in ireland.......Captain Morgan and Morgans Spiced are both owned by Diageo so id say its just whichever one they choose to supply at a better price....at the moment theres a big PR campaign for Captain Morgans

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

boba-fett-rum.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

This label appears to imply that the product causes particularly noxious flatulence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

mayordenis wrote: »
    boba-fett-rum.jpg

Anyone notice it says "Ponce" in the bottom left corner? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

thats great, was in tesco and it was 27.99 for a bottle!!!!
    Great? :confused: these work out at €31.50 per bottle! and it is usually gotten for less than €28. Unless they have had to up the price to pay for all the recent marketing :rolleyes:
    grenache wrote: »
    Especially with the students.
    The ones not studying any maths perhaps. I can never understand how popular half bottles & naggins are. We used to always split bottles. I still see teenagers buying 3-4 naggins separately in offies, of the same vodka, more money than sense -more likely just no good at math.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

I like to buy a naggin and a bottle.....can never seem to keep a hip flask around for too long.....i wonder why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ryanod

Quick Review of the Captain Morgan Naggin: http://www.alcoholexperiment.com/?p=149

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

seen this bad boy in o breins dun laoire today 8.99 ! not many left, glad to see it has come to the naggan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Success!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

injured365 wrote: »
    I think there just different brands of spiced rum.....sailor collins is another one but i dont think its available in ireland.......Captain Morgan and Morgans Spiced are both owned by Diageo so id say its just whichever one they choose to supply at a better price....at the moment theres a big PR campaign for Captain Morgans

They are the same drink, same company, different label.

Captn morgan's is called Morgans spiced in the UK. Similar to the whole bulmers magners thing. Over here, we get both depending on the supplier and where it came from. With Capt Morgan becoming more popular here, it is getting more direct suppliers, so Morgans spiced is dying out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

ryanod wrote: »
    Quick Review of the Captain Morgan Naggin: http://www.alcoholexperiment.com/?p=149
    Don't you just love the headline at the top of their site - "Get $hit faced on a shoe-string" :rolleyes: How old are the people running this site - 15?? Nice to see such a mature and responsible attitude to alcohol. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

sorry to bring back an old thread but does anyone know where you can get this naggin in galway?
    i also see on Wikipedia there are other types like "Lime Bite" and "Tattoo"
    are these available in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

They have it in Fine Wines in Westside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Salthill Liquor Store aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

fifib wrote: »
    i also see on Wikipedia there are other types like "Lime Bite" and "Tattoo"
    are these available in Ireland?

Haven't seen them myself. The companies my offo use seem to be just stocking the standard stuff anyway.

We'll have them in on saturday where I work, reckon it will be a massive seller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Captain Morgans is the standard dark rum.

What we call Morgans spiced is their golden spiced light rum.

The real name for it is "Captain Morgans Original Spiced Rum".

so Captain Morgans = Dark Rum, like jamacian seadog or whatever.

Captain Morgans Origional Spiced Rum = Morgans spiced as it was called here untill like a year ago.

It was only ever called morgans spiced in Europe as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

moonflower wrote: »
    They have it in Fine Wines in Westside

Was on my way back here yesterday to pick one up and I popped into GSC enroute and spotted them in OBriens Off licence there beside Supermacs
    Happy Days!

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

lads, sorry to drag up an old thread. Looking for Captain Morgans "Lime Bite"?

Anywhere in dublin doing this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

not usually into these types of drinks but:

Captain%20Morgan%20Spiced%201.75.jpg

+

club-orange.jpg

=

L_split.gif

yum yum yum:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement