Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I won't be about this Sunday either - heading homewards on Friday for the weekend. See yiz next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

villains77 wrote: »
    wont make it this sunday iam afraid got cousin and friend playing in croker on sunday in the intermiadiate all ireland final so will miss the villa game aswell. how was the game last sunday great result for the dubs and well needed holiday for myself all the best see you soon
    Leto wrote: »
    I won't be about this Sunday either - heading homewards on Friday for the weekend. See yiz next week!

Sorry we won't see you guys! :(

My camera is fixed! Yay! Get ready for those mugshots to be taken next Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I will see what time the game is over on sunday and if i can make it i head over if not id see you defo next week but might be at wembley the following week 28th (will know for defo on friday night if i have a ticket ) UTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

shivvyban wrote: »
    Sorry we won't see you guys! :(

My camera is fixed! Yay! Get ready for those mugshots to be taken next Sunday!

What happened to the ones from last week?

Vinnie K wrote: »
    What happened to the ones from last week?

Not my camera/phone – not my problem! :P

Nah, they were taken on Scottie Pippen’s phone so its up to him… Maybe he’s embarrassed because he’s in them. ;)

• Advertisement

Wont be making it tonight folks. Obviously have other duties to attend to.

Wont be making it tonight folks. Obviously have other duties to attend to.

???

Great game last night guys!!

Dani, where have you gone???

Vinnie, I asked about times on a thurs and they're not great - I think 6pm was available but thats not great for travelling from work... even for me and I'm in the city centre!

All booked in for next Sunday as well!
    Mixed basketball
    All fitness & skill levels welcome

This Sunday 21st Feb at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm
    No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

Valentine's Day was yesterday Shivvy. It's more than my life is worth to go playing basketball with ye on Val's day.

???

Great game last night guys!!

Dani, where have you gone???

Vinnie, I asked about times on a thurs and they're not great - I think 6pm was available but thats not great for travelling from work... even for me and I'm in the city centre!

All booked in for next Sunday as well!
    Mixed basketball
    All fitness & skill levels welcome

This Sunday 21st Feb at the Sportsco Gym in Ringsend, 6pm – 7pm
    No 2&3 bus from O’Connell st or a 25min walk from Dublin city centre

Cool, it would be great to get a midweek night aswell, would another night suit anyone?

Cool, it would be great to get a midweek night aswell, would another night suit anyone?

If I remember correctly, its YOUR strict gym regieme thats knocking some days off the list.... :rolleyes: :P

• Advertisement

Valentine's Day was yesterday Shivvy. It's more than my life is worth to go playing basketball with ye on Val's day.

Was it wuvly and womantic?

Ah, hope you had a good day!! (also how do I follow your blog???)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hi all hope you had a good game. season of to a flier 5 goals and 10 points to no score vs naomh barrog in st anns raheny. should be ok for next week also met with fiona at dubs game and she should be back on sunday aswell see you then

Was it wuvly and womantic?

Ah, hope you had a good day!! (also how do I follow your blog???)

I don't update that blog regularly at all so not worth following. Read yours though and I like the way you write.

villains77 wrote: »
    hi all hope you had a good game. season of to a flier 5 goals and 10 points to no score vs naomh barrog in st anns raheny. should be ok for next week also met with fiona at dubs game and she should be back on sunday aswell see you then

Cool beans! See you two on Sunday!
    I don't update that blog regularly at all so not worth following. Read yours though and I like the way you write.

Thanks you :o I try not to be too bítchy unless someone pisses me off.... must get back into the fiction again! :)

Wreck, meant to say thanks for the bibs! Vinnie K and Dave (can't remember his boards name!) - the look on your faces when I gave them to your team was PRICELESS! I'll treasure that memory always!

We had some new faces (and some nice boots) there on Sunday so hopefully they'll be back!

I may possibly be roping my OH into coming along next Sunday so I'll make him our designated camera man - Vinnie K fancy modelling the bibs for us, ya schexy Kerry roide ya!! ;)

Anyhoo back on track....

Hall is all paid for and booked for next Sunday - any newbs are welcome to come along - just because January is over, doesn't mean that you have to stop all the new years resolutions... Lent starts tomorrow, so take up a hobby...

Jeez, I'm terrible at PR!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Can anyone just turn up so? I play d2 for Killester anyhow and wouldn't mind scrimmaging on the weekends

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Can anyone just turn up so? I play d2 for Killester anyhow and wouldn't mind scrimmaging on the weekends

Course you can! Do you know where Sportsco is? If not, I could meet you on O'Connell st and bring you up there. If you do, turn up at 6 to play! :)

Sweet. Yeah I know where it is. I should be there this Sunday at 6 :D

Sweet. Yeah I know where it is. I should be there this Sunday at 6 :D

Cool, see you then!! :)

Great. I'll be getting the bus from o'connell street, i'll give ya a shout if i need directions :)

Great. I'll be getting the bus from o'connell street, i'll give ya a shout if i need directions :)

Pm me if you need my number :)

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly, its YOUR strict gym regieme thats knocking some days off the list.... :rolleyes: :P

Some changes could be made, i just said that thurs would be best for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Pity about Thursdays, I'd love a game on Friday evening but I'd say it wouldn't suit many others.

Wreck wrote: »
    Pity about Thursdays, I'd love a game on Friday evening but I'd say it wouldn't suit many others.

I could do any eve during the week bar Tuesday, once it would be 7pm or after. Come on shivvy get you organisational skills in gear!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 irishsparks

Hey,
    Just stumbled among your thread?
    Havent played in bout 8 years? Does it matter what skill level (fitness level) your at?
    I played a good bit at Dublin School level and trained a bit with Jerome Westbrook but that was in the good ould teenager days...

Hey,
    Just stumbled among your thread?
    Havent played in bout 8 years? Does it matter what skill level (fitness level) your at?
    I played a good bit at Dublin School level and trained a bit with Jerome Westbrook but that was in the good ould teenager days...

Anyone can go, no matter what level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 irishsparks

sound... ill keep an eye on when matches are on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Wreck wrote: »

I could do (at least some) Fridays. That's 3 of us already :)

See yiz all on Sunday, time for another runaround!

Leto wrote: »
    I could do (at least some) Fridays. That's 3 of us already :)

See yiz all on Sunday, time for another runaround!

Fridays are good for me too - that makes four.... I'm going to count Scottie Pippen in this as I'd say he'd love to get back to two games a week.... Scottie, hello??????????????

See you on Sunday Leto - it'll be good to have you back! :)

Yep, fridays would be good for me aswell once its 7 or after.

Just looking over the last few posts now, shivvy you nutjob i aint wearing not to mind modeling those bibs ever again, myself and dave were talking about it and came to the conclusion that you bought em you wear em : ).

• Advertisement

Yep, fridays would be good for me aswell once its 7 or after.

Just looking over the last few posts now, shivvy you nutjob i aint wearing not to mind modeling those bibs ever again, myself and dave were talking about it and came to the conclusion that you bought em you wear em : ).

I didn't buy 'em - so, there goes your smartarse reply... I thought you two looked rather fetching in them! :P I wanted you to start motivating me a lá Richard Simmons...

simmons.jpg

Advertisement