Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin: Sundays 6pm pickup game, all welcome!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

Im in for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

nialo wrote: »
    im sure you will get a little more interest and if you could lower the cost you would definitely get 10 every week if not more..

Thats the eventual plan... The problem with that is we would need to block book the hall. It costs €75 for the once off booking but it would only be €60 a week if we block booked but this needs to be paid upon booking (as far as I know this is because we're not members)... So in order to block book I would need to a) collect the money for the booking in a lump sum or b) pay for it but need a guarantee of people showing up...

What you think?

hey all!

twas good craic! very relaxing!

im sure you will get a little more interest and if you could lower the cost you would definitely get 10 every week if not more..

if we get more people the cost will go down.
    was €76 euro because we booked it as a once off,

if we block book it it will be €60 per session divided between the amount of people who want to play -
    but for this to happen we would need a definite number of people to commit and possibly pay upfront.
    this will make the price consistant.

unless we find a cheaper gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Could ask ppl next time you get togther.. offer to block book for a month.and get ppl to pay in advance. so if you get a minimun number to pay in advance you can book it without problems. say at a reduced rate.. and anyone that turns up on the night that isnt paid in the monthly advance pays what it would be if it was a session at 75 euro.. makes more sense to pay in advance but also lets ppl just turn up too...

or what Shivvy said ;)

• Advertisement

lol!

finding another gym also works if its cheaper.. central town is better too.. as everyone can get to it then, southsiders or northsiders.. to far south or north instantly excludes some ppl..

lol!

finding another gym also works if its cheaper.. central town is better too.. as everyone can get to it then, southsiders or northsiders.. to far south or north instantly excludes some ppl..

Are you suggesting that we could move away from next door to where you live? :eek: You would be willing to travel?? :eek:

:P
    (also, told scottie pippen, that it was you yesterday - good and accurate description of yourself! :P)

I posted up on the fitness forum
    This was suggested, but it’s further out than the Sportsco and closes at 5 30 on weekends.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONA...rtsCentre.aspx

Its about €60 an hour... or was when we used it a couple of years back.

shivvyban wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that we could move away from next door to where you live? :eek: You would be willing to travel?? :eek:

:P
    (also, told scottie pippen, that it was you yesterday - good and accurate description of yourself! :P)

Travel is fine! within reason! 15 minutes away i can live with! :P

and im hurt! such a horrible thing to suggest or agree with! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Hey,

Good night alright, wasnt in as bad a shape as i thought after 7 years. Count me in for next time, i've no prob with prepaying.

Vinnie

• Advertisement

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Hey,

Good night alright, wasnt in as bad a shape as i thought after 7 years. Count me in for next time, i've no prob with prepaying.

Vinnie

sure I'll let ya know on the rc anyway, I'll be posting there too

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

sure I'll let ya know on the rc anyway, I'll be posting there too

Paul

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Delighted to hear this went ahead, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it in the end. How many players turned up? As I said, I'll defintely be up for this if it becomes a weekly event, and am available this weekend - although it is a bank holiday so that may impact on the numbers.

Wreck wrote: »
    Delighted to hear this went ahead, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it in the end. How many players turned up? As I said, I'll defintely be up for this if it becomes a weekly event, and am available this weekend - although it is a bank holiday so that may impact on the numbers.

11 people showed up, shivvey and I paid up front, and then collected €7 from each person.

Some people mentioned that they would prefer to play on Monday because it’s a bank holiday weekend, but apart from that I think Sunday will be the usual day if it goes ahead

Ok, so are we moving locations? I'm not sure of gyms with courts around the city centre....

We kinda need to sort something out for Monday today/tomorrow to ensure we have a court and so that we can notify people to get the numbers up.... It'll be easier for me to organise stuff once I hit pay day next wednesday!

Ok, so are we moving locations? I'm not sure of gyms with courts around the city centre....

We kinda need to sort something out for Monday today/tomorrow to ensure we have a court and so that we can notify people to get the numbers up.... It'll be easier for me to organise stuff once I hit pay day next wednesday!

I am happy enough with this location.

If we have 10 people willing to pay up front & block book the court for the month
    it will work out at €6 a head for each session.
    Overall €24 for the month.
    Obviously with more people it will be cheaper.

10 will be the minimum number otherwise it will be too expensive

will people commit to this???

I am happy enough with this location.

Sticking with Sportsco?
    If we have 10 people willing to pay up front & block book the court for the month
    it will work out at €6 a head for each session.
    Overall €24 for the month.
    Obviously with more people it will be cheaper.

10 will be the minimum number otherwise it will be too expensive

will people commit to this???

I'm in so...

Shivvyban - €24
    Scottie Pippen - €24

Shivvyban - €24
    Scottie Pippen - €24
    Dave
    - €24 but not here for bankholiday weekend
    Vinnie - €24 but not here for bankholiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Count me in please.

Shivvyban - €24
    Scottie Pippen - €24
    Wreck - €24
    Dave - €24 but not here for bankholiday weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

include me plz, i may not be able to play every week, but I'll still pay the 24EUR.

I'll be there next sunday 25th with the money.

Shivvyban - €24
    Scottie Pippen - €24
    Wreck - €24
    Lafortezza -
    €24
    Dave - €24 but not here for bankholiday weekend

So its looking like people won't be able to make it this weekend.... Does anyone think we should leave it for this weekend and then organise the block booking the following week? I can sort out the booking on Wednesday and then collect the money from everyone on the Sunday.

How does this sound to people?

2q3ucxw.jpg

Fantabulous logo - thanks to the boredom of Scottie Pippen! :D

So its looking like people won't be able to make it this weekend.... Does anyone think we should leave it for this weekend and then organise the block booking the following week? I can sort out the booking on Wednesday and then collect the money from everyone on the Sunday.

How does this sound to people?

I was thinking that too. As a quite a few people who attending on Sunday mentioned that they were away on Sunday.
    So the block booking would be starting from Sunday 1st of November.
    How does this sound to everyone?

Ps I’m up for an outdoor game in Fairview or Artane on Monday if the weather isn’t too bad

I was thinking that too. As a quite a few people who attending on Sunday mentioned that they were away on Sunday.
    So the block booking would be starting from Sunday 1st of November.
    How does this sound to everyone?

Ps I’m up for an outdoor game in Fairview or Artane on Monday if the weather isn’t too bad

1ST OF NOVEMBER = Perfect for me! I'll sort out the booking... :)

P.S: Depending on weather I should be free for that too - am so poor this week anything free to do on the bank holiday weekend is welcome! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33 N-line

i could come, but i wouldn't bring €24, i probably would only €10 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Demi D

Count me in too please?

I'll have the €24

N-line wrote: »
    i could come, but i wouldn't bring €24, i probably would only €10 :S

Thats ok N-line, it would just mean you'd be paying on a weekly basis :) and weekly should only be about €6 :)
    Demi D wrote: »
    Count me in too please?

I'll have the €24

Cool, Demi D!! Thats no problem! :D

List for attendees for the 1st November (Sunday)

Shivvyban - €24
    Scottie Pippen - €24
    Wreck - €24
    Lafortezza - €24
    Dave - €24
    Vinnie - €24
    Demi D - €24
    N-Line - €10/€6

• Advertisement

Righto... am booking court tomorrow for a month starting with Sunday 1st November (Sunday coming)...

If you want to pay for the month it will be €24 (weekly, we'll go for €6), click the basketball logo in my sig to email me or if you'd like, PM me your interest including your email address.

I think we have the numbers to make this up! As soon as its booked I will be sending a group email to everyone's email that was given to me the last week along with the people who pm their details!

Exact times (am pretty sure we'll be sticking to the 6pm - 7pm time slot) and location will also be included in the email...

:D

Advertisement