Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More graffiti

Options
  • 12-10-2009 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Right,

I know that the scout den is covered with graffiti but i let that slide as i know its a building for yong people and its tucked in out of the way so the graffiti did not really bother me.

but when i went out yesterday morning some llittle idiot had painted a big LFC on the front of the wall leading into the park!!!

i have to say i was annoyed as that wall had been previously untouched by anything and now a a lovely part of rush has been vandalised!!!

the worst thing is that it cant even be painted over as it is on bare stone!!!

it annoys me that people do this!!!

Rant over!!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

which scout den are ya talking about? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

would paint remover work,surely the council have a way to tackle this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Splinter wrote: »
    which scout den are ya talking about? :)

the "white " building just insode the park gates. I say white as it is all covered in graffiti.

i though it was scout den or something as i always see kids with tents around it.

triple-M wrote: »
    would paint remover work,surely the council have a way to tackle this

ah i sure they do but its a disgrace that it is done in such a public place on a fairly nice wall. totally ruins the look of the park gates and walls.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

sorry just read the post and saw rush, my apologies :(

i dont remember ever seeing an easy way to remove this graffiti unless its still really fresh, the councils just tend to paint over them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Martron wrote: »
    but when i went out yesterday morning some llittle idiot had painted a big LFC on the front of the wall leading into the park!!!

LFC? ANIMALS !

yeah i t would be a same to see this painted over as it is a bare stone wall.

Sizzler wrote: »
    LFC? ANIMALS !

yeah it would have been alright if it was another football team!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Martron wrote: »
    yeah it would have been alright if it was another football team!!!

ah now lads leave it out. OP that 'LFC' has been there at least a month, but its a disgrace all the same.

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    ah now lads leave it out. OP that 'LFC' has been there at least a month, but its a disgrace all the same.

ah i could have been there a while but usually dark when i head up past it.

QOTSA90 i bet you know who did it being connected in the world of graffit. ( just kidding)

• Advertisement

Doubt I know them tbh, I tend not to associate with Liverpool fans :D and thats at the wrong end of the scale for me to be associated with. Thats not art.. its crap :)

yeah thats what i thought. you do good graffiti.

I didnt say I did anything.

I didnt say I did anything.

wait i am just kiddin we passed comments before about graffiti. i wonder if anything will be done about it

I doubt anything will be done, at least nothing 100% effective. The local counsil isnt equipped with the means to remove most spray paints, and anything harsh enough to remove it will no doubt damage the old stone wall, leaving a mark in the shape of the original graffiti.

I doubt anything will be done, at least nothing 100% effective. The local counsil isnt equipped with the means to remove most spray paints, and anything harsh enough to remove it will no doubt damage the old stone wall, leaving a mark in the shape of the original graffiti.

thats very true.

little feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

That area has suffered quite a bit with Graffiti. The wall that was built around the house on the Junction of Park Rd and Boggy Lane has been destroyed a few times. It must be sickening for the owner as he keeps his property really well.

The Graffiti is also now on the front of the scout den which was originally a Gate lodge to the Palmer estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

if its any help i saw a thing in work where the probation services are offering free graffiti removal. they get people who are doing community service to do it. might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

In relation to the scout den do the scouts not own this building. Why have they done nothing to clean it up it has built up over the last 2 years. The council can "burn" off the graffiti if they want to if that was Malahide or Skerries it would be done end of story. All that damge done to the building is right across the road from the police station FFS.

You would have more chance of finding a cop in the local chinese than ya would in the police station!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

In relation to the scout den do the scouts not own this building. Why have they done nothing to clean it up it has built up over the last 2 years. The council can "burn" off the graffiti if they want to if that was Malahide or Skerries it would be done end of story. All that damge done to the building is right across the road from the police station FFS.

You would have more chance of finding a cop in the local chinese than ya would in the police station!!!

Agree with some of your post. If it was Skeries Or Malahide it would be dealth with immediatley.

As for the Gardái, People in the Harbour/Lr.Main Street area have had a good response from Gardái re anti-social behaviour and speeding. They have been effective but yes there are still loads of speeding cars but not to the same extent. The Scout den is a joke I think they own it. The gael scoil use do have parents in at 8am to clean up before the kids came in for lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭briany

LFC? Surely someone stating their undying allegience to Loughshinny United Football Club? OK they left out the U, that just shows the kind of unthinking yobs we're dealing with here.

Advertisement