Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impending Water Charges...

• 12-10-2009 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

please move if inappropriately placed, I was going to search the boards for a thread to post on but its down?

I am still unclear as to whether water charges are to be levied on ALL homes ? Independent today says "All homes" but, like alot of people I guess, I've my own water supply ? I'm not expecting a bill having shelled out a considerable sum to put it in. :mad:

fbp.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd imagine more so it will apply to those connected to local council supplys, if you have your own well you should be opk.

I'd ignore the papers as they are going to blanket comment because it would apply to the vast majority of people who don't have there own wells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There are no charges for anyone yet, so anything in the papers is pure speculation. Wait until the legislation is actually put in place before you take issue with it. Everything else is scare mongering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hmm, moved to the Taxation Forum

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The independent is a rag.

Buy a more soothing newspaper.

The legislation has not been enacted but it's already been reported in government publications that self supplies will be exempt.

A reporter that wasn't dragged out of dustbin somewhere that had done even the most basic of google searches would have dug this out.

Anyway, thread locked for being utterly pointless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement