Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEAM CHASE + HUNTERTRIALS

Options
  • 12-10-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

hey all,

haven't been on this in a wee while.
    is anyone going to hunter trials or team chase in Punchestown this week?

Annaharvey was on Sunday, how did it ride?

Wicked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's hunter trials in Punchestown this week???!!! I didn't hear about that... Where did you see it advertised?

PS - Welcome back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

Yeah theres hunter trials and team chase. It's a thing that is popular in england. Like teams of three only its teams of four! There's a 5,000 pot in it! Can't believe ye didn't hear about it, there going over the La Touche and all!!!

Its a two day show starts on Sat!

check this out http://huntingfestival.hai.ie/team+chase+rules.html

I heard that the HAI were having an 'event' there this weekend, but I didn't realise there were hunter trials, a chase, schooling over the banks, etc....

its not schooling its a big competition!

Wrong choice of word on my behalf... oops! Should've used jumping instead... Wish I had my horse in, now. Only have a youngster who wouldn't be quite up to that yet. I wish I'd known :(

• Advertisement

well i think the la touche one is just in the open, why don't you bring the youngster in the novice, go with a few others, would be a great experience for him/her... in my opinion

I might wander up for an individual competition (it says they have one on the hai website) as I'd rather not go in a team/pairs competition with someone I don't know when I have a young horse who's very inexperienced. Would like to be able to leave out fences if I didn't think they were suitable for her without letting down a team/pair...

Are you heading up there at the weekend?

not sure yet, i'm very busy in college with thesis and stuff so i dunno if i'll be able to make it.

My bf is riding in the team chase and hunter trials, so i would like to go see it, but it'll all dependent on college.

i'd say it will be a good weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 horseyguy

Any one know where i can take part in Hunter Trials in the Co Mayo, West Ireland area ????????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

horseyguy wrote: »
    Any one know where i can take part in Hunter Trials in the Co Mayo, West Ireland area ????????????:confused:

Towards the end of the hunting season you will see adds in the Field for various hunter trials.

• Advertisement

There probably won't be (m)any Hunter Trials until March as that's when the hunting season ends.

You mentioned in another post you were looking for somewhere to school over a cross country course. This is a list of all the AIRE approved riding centres in Mayo. Some of them may have a cross country course that they'd let you school over, so my advice would be to contact them and see if they offer this facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

There is only 1 course in Mayo. Its its new on Castlelawns Stud in Irishtown and was used for the first time in Oct for the Noth Galway Hunt event. Probably be another in spring.
    Barnfield House EC would have a few schooling fences.

There was a course built in Claremorris Eq C a few years ago but most of it has been removed . The water jump and a few banks may still be there.

Best place for a school in Connacht are Flowerhill or Dartfield.
    Also Annaghmore hosts the Sligo Hunts event and also runs a RC jump-cross. Not sure about schooling as its very much a working farm

X-Country is not a big scene in the west.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 horseyguy

Thanks everyone, great help,humbley accepted!!!.

Advertisement