Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade unions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

In the Irish times today:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/1014/1224256612341.html

Also anecdotally my other half works in public sector and ~ 90% of them are voting against strike action propsed by Impact...so far the only one voting for is the militant waster who wouldn't work to warm themselves(honestly!!)

McCloones FAS link is really pissing them off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Plenty, but privacy regs prohibit me from expanding.

Are you for real?

I am a "C" status executive running a large business and you expect me to post up examples on a public forum.?

Anyone who has any experience in commercial life in state or semi state companies can tell you that.

We just can't post it in the frikken internet.

Post a link about a story in a different company Mr. C. There should be plenty of material to back you up?

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Love him or hate him...Shane Ross had a good article on sunday.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/shane-ross/lash-your-fas-cronies-jack-1910357.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Your hardly going to have anything postitive to say about your friend and the union if your annoyed. My best friend is in fianna fail..... Enough said

And I'd assume you're annoyed with him too but being annoyed doesn't also mean I've lost my mind or can't have rational thought.
    you catch my drift.

I'm annoyed and therefore cannot form a cogent opinion?
    I still have not changed my opinion that unions are the responsability of the members if you dont take it on board you are not members you are sheep.

and look what happens to sheep! ;)

I'm just saying I don't think our Unions in general are really doing what's best in the long term for their members. I think they're doing what's best for the union. I think it's all about control and power, the very things they would accuse the employers of. I think they often defend the indefensible, if someone is a waster they should buck up or be fired. But no union is ever going to countenance anyone being fired even if they richly deserve it. We're in the shít so it's a time for some honesty and integrity, we not getting that from the government and unfortunately the unions are not giving us that either.

Advertisement