Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosplay

Options
  • 12-10-2009 11:08am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got my costume this morning, soooo excited!! xD

Anyone got pics of theirs? I'll upload mine later :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

is this for eirtakon? what is your cosplay?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah tis. code geass zero cosplay. bit obvious, but meh. it looks awesome. better than my initial idea as kyon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

that'll be cool!

one of my mates is going as zero as well and the mask cost him a bomb! was it expensive for you?

my cosplay is a secret until the con :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CIMG0900.JPG

CIMG0902.JPG

CIMG0903.JPG

CIMG0904.JPG

CIMG0905.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I haven't gotten my costume, I think I'll ask my neighbour to make it, but I'm doing a Touhou cosplay with a friend of mine and her friend (more her friend then mine I only spoke to her once lol).

I love your costume @cherryghost, was it expensive and costume made?

• Advertisement

i bought it off cosplaymagic.com, 95 euro. i've had the mask altered though, its pretty dire trying to look out from the inside, but the tailors made a mess of it :(

so either i'll invest in a decent plexiglass one, or go without a mask, which i can bare. :)

i bought it off cosplaymagic.com, 95 euro. i've had the mask altered though, its pretty dire trying to look out from the inside, but the tailors made a mess of it :(

so either i'll invest in a decent plexiglass one, or go without a mask, which i can bare. :)
    95 euro? that's steep, I remember I bought a lolita dress for the same, STILL haven't worn it (gonna dye it blue, use it for Halloween)
    I think you could go without one, I mean you've spent enough money already yeah? ^^ and those ones are pretty expensive too arn't they?

Sera wrote: »
    95 euro? that's steep, I remember I bought a lolita dress for the same, STILL haven't worn it (gonna dye it blue, use it for Halloween)
    I think you could go without one, I mean you've spent enough money already yeah? ^^ and those ones are pretty expensive too arn't they?

i dont think its too expensive to be honest. the material is top notch and everything has been double lined. not a chance of any tear on it! :)

lol yeah they're expensive alright, 140 euro was the cheapest i've seen it :pac: i got the hair for lelouch, it grows fast, so i'll just dye it black :o so eh might as well go without it! why dont you bring the lolita costume with ya too? you could have like a saturday and sunday costume then :pac:

i dont think its too expensive to be honest. the material is top notch and everything has been double lined. not a chance of any tear on it! :)

lol yeah they're expensive alright, 140 euro was the cheapest i've seen it :pac: i got the hair for lelouch, it grows fast, so i'll just dye it black :o so eh might as well go without it! why dont you bring the lolita costume with ya too? you could have like a saturday and sunday costume then :pac:
    Double lined? that's not too bad now you say it, I got a dye in the 2euro shop it's brilliant, you should get it if you see it (I keep dying mine black it's actually brown). I'm turning the Lolita dress into a American Mc Gee's Alice dress for Halloween. I couldn't bring 2 costumes it's alot of hassle over travelling. I was going to do like a lolita Alice but I'm too worried it won't suit me, getting too close to the time too.

Double lined? that's not too bad now you say it, I got a dye in the 2euro shop it's brilliant, you should get it if you see it (I keep dying mine black it's actually brown). I'm turning the Lolita dress into a American Mc Gee's Alice dress for Halloween. I couldn't bring 2 costumes it's alot of hassle over travelling. I was going to do like a lolita Alice but I'm too worried it won't suit me, getting too close to the time too.

aah sweet! my friend done that for halloween last year. hope ya got the butcher knife :pac: let me know how that turns out! just saw you're coming from limerick. hope to see ya next month then! :D

thanks for the heads up, will have a look in the 2 euro shop 2moro :)

• Advertisement

aah sweet! my friend done that for halloween last year. hope ya got the butcher knife :pac: let me know how that turns out! just saw you're coming from limerick. hope to see ya next month then! :D

thanks for the heads up, will have a look in the 2 euro shop 2moro :)
    Did she? that's awesome, not alot of people play that game, I dunno why, it's so good. I've like, an Alice obsession lol.
    I will, and I have a plastic one since last year, I bought it for no reason and it came in handy after all.
    Yeah if not try Superdrug's own brand is good too, it's about E5.
    Oh you will don't worry, I go every year since 07, did Pikachu last year lol, man in that place, don't wear warm close, I was passing out! :(

Did she? that's awesome, not alot of people play that game, I dunno why, it's so good. I've like, an Alice obsession lol.
    I will, and I have a plastic one since last year, I bought it for no reason and it came in handy after all.
    Yeah if not try Superdrug's own brand is good too, it's about E5.
    Oh you will don't worry, I go every year since 07, did Pikachu last year lol, man in that place, don't wear warm close, I was passing out! :(

lol pikachu. noooo dont say warm... the cape weighs a tonne!! :( i agree, the alice game is great :pac:

lol pikachu. noooo dont say warm... the cape weighs a tonne!! :( i agree, the alice game is great :pac:
    I have to be honest it's pretty warm in there, my costume was like a fleece. But like you might not get as hot as quick as I do ^D^; I dunno.

i'll take my chances! cape can come off easy anyway. thanks for the hindsight :)

i'll take my chances! cape can come off easy anyway. thanks for the hindsight :)
    Oh it's fine no worries, is it your first year going?
    That's true cape can come off, or you could have some ice cream, that's what I did lol

yeah im an eirtakon virgin :o ah im sure i'll be fine, cant wait to see what it has to offer!

yeah im an eirtakon virgin :o ah im sure i'll be fine, cant wait to see what it has to offer!
    Awh how sweet, :3 you'll love it, I hope hehe.
    If you think of something you want to ask about the con don't hesitate : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kathileenchen

I love cosplay.

Acutally I did wanna go to an anime-event in Germany this year.The Connichi but I couldn't :( and now I hear it is an event in Ireland too.
    But in Dublin:(.

It makes me so sad.Atually I did want to cosplay this year but now I have to wait and go next year.

I love cosplay.

Acutally I did wanna go to an anime-event in Germany this year.The Connichi but I couldn't :( and now I hear it is an event in Ireland too.
    But in Dublin:(.

It makes me so sad.Atually I did want to cosplay this year but now I have to wait and go next year.
    Why can't you go to Dublin for the day?

It is difficultly for me.I live in Mallow I don't know anyone only au pairs and they are not interested in Animes and Mangas.
    I have no car.
    I am would be afraid alone.I was never in Dublin and I am not from Ireland and I have the fear that I dissapear in the nowhere.:(
    And my English is not realy good...

• Advertisement

It is difficultly for me.I live in Mallow I don't know anyone only au pairs and they are not interested in Animes and Mangas.
    I have no car.
    I am would be afraid alone.I was never in Dublin and I am not from Ireland and I have the fear that I dissapear in the nowhere.:(
    And my English is not realy good...
    Well if you got the train you can get a taxi outside the door, and write the address down and bring it with you and show it to anyone if you got lost on the way? no? :pac:
    I'm going from Limerick like I'm almost as far as you

I have a better Idea.I wear a necklace with my adresse like a dog tag :P
    It's the train the best altanative or would be the bus a better option?

If I would travel in Germany I wouldn't be afraid but in a foreig country I am realy afraid.

But I think about it maybe I will come but I don't know.

I have a better Idea.I wear a necklace with my adresse like a dog tag :P
    It's the train the best altanative or would be the bus a better option?

If I would travel in Germany I wouldn't be afraid but in a foreig country I am realy afraid.

But I think about it maybe I will come but I don't know.
    Well if you get your ticket in credit union it's cheap, the bus it about 10 euro each way. The train is over 2 hours 20 mins but the bus is almost 4

Ah ok thank you so much for this information.
    I will see maybe I friend wanna come with me and see Dublin...

But now I tink back to topic ;)

What would be your favourite cosplay?

Ah ok thank you so much for this information.
    I will see maybe I friend wanna come with me and see Dublin...

But now I tink back to topic ;)

What would be your favourite cosplay?
    I go up and down to Dublin often so no problem.
    My favourite to do or one I wish I could do or have done?

I wanna know all of course ;)

I wanna know all of course ;)
    Lol. Well I'm doing Marisa this year so I think that'll be my favourite to do. My favourite I've done is Pikachu maybe or female Mario and one I wish I could do would be Crimson Kimono from Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2

I wanna do a Unit 00 costume next year. planning it already :D

This listen all realy cool.

You buy it or make it by yourselve?

• Advertisement

I wanna do a Unit 00 costume next year. planning it already :D
    What's that from? http://nsgstation.com/seth/Unit%2000.gif this it?

I buy mine, but this time I'm getting some of it made by my neighbour, I'm not good at sewing

Advertisement