Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP Mode under Windows 7 ... how do I lose changes on restart?

• 12-10-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I am trying out the release candidate of Windows XP Mode and have got it up to date on windowsupdate and got it ready for visiting those dodgy sites etc.

In Tools>Settings>Integration Features I have turned off access to local hard drives but cant see where I can select to lose changes to the virtual machine on restart.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

its virtual pc dude,

it remembers everything, treat it like a normal computer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

But thats exactly what I DONT want it to do .... dammit, off to VMWare for me if I cant do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Would enabling the undo disk be any use to you?
    I believe when you enable it you'll get an option along the lines of

"Turn off and discard changes" when closing the vm

Not at home right now but I think's it's there.
    The undo disk gets deleted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The_Edge wrote: »
    Would enabling the undo disk be any use to you?
    I believe when you enable it you'll get an option along the lines of

"Turn off and discard changes" when closing the vm

Not at home right now but I think's it's there.
    The undo disk gets deleted too.

Oooo ... have to have a play with that now. I tried VMware server and it isnt as nice as the XP mode, so will go back and try that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry if I've misunderstood, but are you purely using XP mode to look at dodgy websites?:confused:
    Seems like far less hassle to just use google chrome and ctrl+shift+N for an incognito window

• Advertisement
Advertisement