Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due in blah threads

• 12-10-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Rollercoaster has a forum for "due in Q1 2010" and "due in Q4 2009" kind of thing. Now I don't think there'll be separate forums any time soon, but how about starting with a thread for each quarter? I've seen some very strong relationships build up through them and this place is getting busier and busier.

Interested? Rubbish idea? Your thoughts on a postcard. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

Great idea! Your more likely to have things in common with the people depending on when your due :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Very good idea. Use rollercoaster a lot since I got pregnant but this is my home! Would be nice to talk to fellow boardsies due at the same time. Unfortunately I'm 2 days late so won't be of much benefit to me anymore! Will be heading back to parenting soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

wouldn't it be very awkward to read? There's a general pregnancy thread which I would never look at because it is just way way too long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wouldn't it be awkward because you'd have to close old threads and open new ones as each quarter comes to a close... Would they be stickies or just out there on their own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

ebmma wrote: »
    wouldn't it be very awkward to read? There's a general pregnancy thread which I would never look at because it is just way way too long...

Yeah, that's a potential alright. I'm open to any suggestions. Can't think of any good way around it off the top of my head. I'm not a big fan of those kinda sprawling threads either.
    Wouldn't it be awkward because you'd have to close old threads and open new ones as each quarter comes to a close... Would they be stickies or just out there on their own?

Nah, you could just leave each thread open. That way when you all hit (for example) time to move on to solids, there are people there who are in the same boat as you, getting food thrown at them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement