Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job gone but still being done?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was made redundant a couple of months ago and received all that was due to me.

From a team of 8 there was to be 2 positions kept, interviews were held and the 2 senior people were successful.

If we number everyone on the team from 1 to 8, increasing with seniority i would be 4.

1 & 2 have full time jobs, 3 was successful when he applied for another position within the company, i am unemployed and 5 took the opportunity to go traveling.

6, 7 and 8 were required to stay on for an extra 4 weeks as there contract differed from mine, i was given 4 weeks notice, they got 8 weeks.

I have just found out that 6, 7 and 8 are still employed in the same positions and will be until at least January? It seems they underestimated the amount of work to be done after the "Re-organizing" was done?

I find this extremely unfair?
    Am i overreacting because its me?

What does anyone else think?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement