Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers Fair

• 12-10-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭

I was just wondering whats actually involved in the Careers Fair? Is it important or is it more for fourth years? I'm third year business.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Lots of info here: http://www.ul.ie/careers/careers/events/fairs.shtml#Careers%20Fair

It is predominately aimed at 4th years and postgrads, but it can be a worthwhile experience for all years as they see what job prospects are available for them in the future.

It may provide you with something to aim for. They are not vital to attend, but there is always free stuff there as well [one cannot have enough pens!].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Came home with a bag full of pens, chocolate, USB sticks, highlighters, stress balls last year...and for that reason i'll be going again this year:D

Its very good for 4th years as you can get nearly snapped up by recruiters looking for graduate students. You get to talk with usually employees who themselves are on graduaate programmes so you get a feel for what those companies are like. I found it great last year as a 4th year, applied for a few positions but ended up doing a postgrad instead. No harm as a 3rd year going for a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

Thanks, may call in for a look so! :)

Advertisement