Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unemployment assistance Austria

Options
  • 12-10-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am moving to Austria in a few weeks. I am Irish & have been employed on a fulltime basis in Ireland since 1997. Am I entitled to any welfare assistance in Austria while I source? Any advice or direction on this is greatly appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭..Summergirl..

Well, I don't know their system now, cause I left Austria all must 7 years ago, but as far as I know as an EU citizen you should be intitle to unemployed benefit. You just take all your document and straight go to the Arbizamt office. For those who never worked before or out of work for a long period of time they need to go to the local social office. Make sure you are registered with their Police, before go to the Unemployment office. Where are you about to go in Austria? I lived in Vienna, beautiful city.

Advertisement