Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP vs WAP - speed issues with O2

• 12-10-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed any speed issues with using wap vs isp data access on o2 prepay? If I use ISP settings I connect at absolutely awful speeds, usually something around the realm of 100Kb but if I switch to wap settings I connect at around 7Mb. Does anyone know what the deal is with this, are o2 just throttling non proxyed connections? It's rather annoying since I can't have both connections open at the same time and fring can't work behind a proxy. Generally means if I want to browse web pages or download something I either have to disconnect fring and manually switch to wap or suck it up and deal with the slow download speed.

Oh by the by - it might be an idea to explain the differance between isp vs wap in the faq - it's not very clear.

Advertisement