Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone from Sierra Leone in Waterford?

• 12-10-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello Everyone

I'm considering moving my business to SL. I would be really interested to talk to anyone from Sierra Leone or who has a business in SL, about conditions, economy etc. Please PM me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Award for most random thread of the year! On a serious note I'm sorry but I don't know anyone of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

In the diamond business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

BBQ Guy wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

I'm considering moving my business to SL. I would be really interested to talk to anyone from Sierra Leone or who has a business in SL, about conditions, economy etc. Please PM me.

Thanks

WTF:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Its like one of those 419 scam emails but in reverse.
    King Wallace Matumbo with his 80 zillion dollars that needs hiding in your bank account must have gotten in contact with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I wouldn't think there's too much demand for BBQs in Sierra Leone... You might be better trying Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 BBQ Guy

JPA wrote: »
    In the diamond business?

Yes but hoping to expand into coffee, hell of a lot safer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

King Wallace Matumbo

Its his son, Wallace Junior that's sending them emails these days. Wallace senior didn't pay his NTL bill and got cut off.
    Incidentally OP I have your solution right here. Coffee and diamonds together at last!

diamond_studded_coffee_mug-p1682863847141912562phux_400.jpg

very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

I spent 6 months in Liberia right next door but went into Sierra leone a few times. I think it would be a great idea to open a business there and the profits would be good there id say......good luck with it its a great place over in them parts would love to go back:)

Thanks TB much appreciated! How is the overall atmosphere and how our white business owners looked at? I have a few contacts who state that infrastructure is badly needed after the war, no fishing fleets, coffee plantations full of product but no roasters, no public transportation etc. Would like to go the fair trade route but yet still make a profit, any advice from what you saw in Liberia and SL?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Iv'e seen the film blood diamond. if thats helps? cracking film BTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I work with a lady from there, I have heard in conversation that some of her family are in business (possibly retail) over there. As far as I know she moved over here about 5 years ago but has strong links with home.

I can ask her if she would be willing to speak to you just PM me.

dont think there would be a problem with white people there they are there making money as it is. I think that the goverment in Sierra Leone help with all that if u are opening a business. here is a website that might help www.visitsierraleone.org its a good website with lots of info.. CAN I HAVE A JOB :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Asmodean wrote: »
    Award for most random thread of the year! On a serious note I'm sorry but I don't know anyone of interest.

lol +1
    Most random thread ever. I bet 80% of ppl wouldnt know exactly where Sierra Leone is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thumbsmullins

HI guys,

Here i'm just asking this on a broad scale for anyone with any opinion. I have a younger sister 23 and herself and the boyfriend ( whos a good guy) are both irish and have been offered to go to Sierra Leone i think free town to treach voluntry. The parents are worried, i myself dont know much about the country only from what i ve read on the internet in relation to its past history.

But without beating around the bush i d like to know if there is any need for concern, pls dont take any offence in what i ve asked i just want to keep my views neutral and try re assure my family if i can.

Hi there

I've been and going back in a few months. Let's face it, it is a 3rd world country. The people are friendly but extremely poor. They are not as bad off as say Zimbabwe etc and the government is trying to rebuild and bring in outside investment. It's like Dublin, you walk around the wrong neighborhood at night and your gonna get your wallet or purse stolen. I think they will be fine as long as they have common sense. If they have never travelled before or seen poverty this might not be the best place. The war is way behind this people, they are ready to move on, become educated and make a decent living.

every where has dangers. I think that it would be a little more dangerous there. I think it also depends on what type of person they are. I think its easier there if u are a easy going person. I dont think they would have a problem. As the post before says it is third world once they are not expecting mcdonalds or anything like it..

Advertisement