Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA Protest

Options
  • 12-10-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Are the farmers protesting in kilkenny? Is the traffic affected?

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

bennyob wrote: »
    Are the farmers protesting in kilkenny? Is the traffic affected?

Tks

its fine now was a bit of a hold up with all the tractors going through town at 1 and with the traffic lights not working either but seems back to normal now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I saw them as they went out the Castlecomer road at lunchtime. It doesn't do their cause much good to be driving around in big shiny tractors that are worth far more than most people's cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

A decent tractor is a vital piece of equipment on a farm. It's not like they can choose to stop using them in the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

fabbydabby wrote: »
    A decent tractor is a vital piece of equipment on a farm. It's not like they can choose to stop using them in the recession.

I dont think he is disputing that fact. I think he is just pointing out that there is a difference between what you call a decent tractor and the 09 John Deeres with heated seats that i saw in town yesterday.

My car is a vital piece of equipment as it gets me to work however that does not mean i need to drive a bugatti veyron to work.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

There were several new John Deeres that were as much an advertisement as anything... I had an NCT yesterday and saw them at the mart with a sign for comerfords garage (the dealer) attached... so either a sympathy vote or an ad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

yea, a lot of them would have been sponsered by dealers. It was same in Dublin in 2003, a lot of new tractors used.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I only saw a few with tax and insurance on display, is this legal?
    didn't have my proper camera with me so here's some from an iphone

35681107.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1255434902&Signature=J3YJVSgiSIVFeSfXAT%2BzpdKK3KQ%3D

35681348.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1255434904&Signature=lG4x0WHqMjv8lsiinshN80m1pUk%3D

Advertisement