Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinto beans - where can I buy tins in Dublin?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭

Last year I stocked up on pinto beans when in Sainsbury's up North. I was in a Derry store and they were out so I bought dry pintos.

As the tins are much more convenient, I would like to find a regular supply here in Dublin. I have never seen them in Tesco (but not looked in Superquinn, Dunnes, Lidl or Aldi).

Anyone seen tins of pinto beans around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Dunnes and/or Tesco .. Epicure brand IIRC.

http://www.epicure.co.uk/products/beans_and_pulses/pinto_beans_1277/

Otherwise, try the mexican place in the Epicurean Food Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Epicure is a pretty expensive brand. I think I might have seen them in my tesco, they have stuff all over the place these days, like a "foreign food" section, stuff is scattered about with no reasoning.

Some asian stores have massive tins of chickpeas cheap, and other beans, not sure about pinto though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Alun wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Dunnes and/or Tesco .. Epicure brand IIRC.

http://www.epicure.co.uk/products/beans_and_pulses/pinto_beans_1277/.
    I rang my local Dunnes in Dublin 15 but they said they didn't stock them. I might drop by because their confusion was not reassuring.

I found Epicure brand tins in Superquinn but not for pinto beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I contacted Epicure and they told me of 2 retailers in Dublin:
    Superquinn, Ballinteer Ave, Ballinter, Dublin 16.
    The Good Food Market, Unit 4, No 1 Grand Canal Plaza, Dublin 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

rubadub wrote: »
    Epicure is a pretty expensive brand.

Seriously? I think they're about 10 cents cheaper than bachelor's in super valu. OP you could/should try a health food shop type emporium, they usually have a wide enough selection of canned beans and other things like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement