Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Convert nokia car kit to work with iPhone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Sniipe wrote: »
    sweet, I got it working. Its very neat now. Thanks dodzy for your help.

Not a problem. Nice one Snipe;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

the nokia ck-7w doesnt work with blutooth streaming does it? you guys have a work around on this? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

dodzy wrote: »
    Get rid of the existing cradle and replace with active cradle number: 907255 found here and you're good to go ;)
    Wondering about these cradles when the iPhone 5 etc.. come out.

See that Tom Tom have issued free adapters for those who bought the 3GS cradles which dont fit snug with iPhone 4. THe active holders are €80..

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭jaytobe

dodzy wrote: »
    I have linked to a very nice holer in a previous post ( manufactured by Broadit ). They can be purchased from a reseller in Bray but they are 50€ and it has an integrated charge facility. Very handy.
    Do you have the reseller names for these holders??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 long time listener

Hi,

I've been using Boards for years and years but never actually joined up but i felt so strongly about this that i just had to. Only yesterday i went to Halfords in carrickmines to be told my nokia car kit was incompatible with my iphone and i would need to spend €245 minimum to have it removed and replaced. I very nearly went ahead with it but thought i'd better check this out, onto trusty Boards did I go and low and behold i just tried this and it worked! I pressed and held the nokia button in the car for 7 seconds then searched for a device on the iphone, it's called Nokia CK-7W code is 0000. I am delighted! Thank you Boards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Hi,

I've been using Boards for years and years but never actually joined up but i felt so strongly about this that i just had to. Only yesterday i went to Halfords in carrickmines to be told my nokia car kit was incompatible with my iphone and i would need to spend €245 minimum to have it removed and replaced. I very nearly went ahead with it but thought i'd better check this out, onto trusty Boards did I go and low and behold i just tried this and it worked! I pressed and held the nokia button in the car for 7 seconds then searched for a device on the iphone, it's called Nokia CK-7W code is 0000. I am delighted! Thank you Boards!
    How do you find it. That kit is in most of the trucks I drive and its crap quality with my iPhone and work Nokia.

Advertisement