Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 4 Discussion

Options

Comments

Shane10 wrote: »
    awhh poor girl, thats a pity. said she had a 6 month old baby at the time she went into the house aswell last night. i was disappointed she didnt manage the task well, thought she would have done better but her team were a bunch of tossers.

I agree that she was up against it with the team that she ended up with. She needed to be more strategic to have a chance in that situation. Bad move to leave the others who were all against here back in the house while she and the Ruth girl (only one that she moderately got on with) were off in B&Q. She should have focussed on the house and stayed there or at least have brought one of the others (maybe bitchy Aoifffe) with her. Easy to see in hindsight of course.... She's too straight forward to win on that show tbh. Then again, do you really want to win...? (by the way I see that they are not constantly mentioning a 100k "package" this year - has it gone down in value!? - even last year that probably included a 40k renault car that is now worth 15k!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

will be interesting to see how steve gets on when he manages a task. seems the only one id hire at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, I would Steve will definitely be a finalist. He seems to be the only level headed one in the group but he did butcher that carpet, but fair play to him to even attempt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 forwardslasher

The Brefmeister is a legend.

Any word on either Brendan or Aoife's partners selling their story to the News of the World yet? :D

I hope Bill Cullen has an opt-out clause for hiring the winner cause they all seem useless at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

glasso wrote: »
    ha ha - I like Steve - he's actually rational. But he had some dodge chain around his neck this week - you could lock up a motorbike with that!

He wasn't too rational in week one when he was explained that "demographics" were the reason why they couldn't sell choc-ices for €3 on the Northside of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The worst thing about the show is Bill Cullen. 90% of the stuff that comes out if his mouth is complete bull****. He lacks the necessary charisma for a show like this imo. Someone like Michael OLeary is what the show needed.

I could never take part in that show. As soon as Bill appears I start to laugh. Then when he talks with his common as muck accent dressed up to sound posh I just crack up. Then add the fact he wakes up next to the lizard queen every morning makes me laugh again. He talks complete nonsense, repeats himself constantly and never looks in control. Jackie rules the roost there bigtime.

He wasn't too rational in week one when he was explained that "demographics" were the reason why they couldn't sell choc-ices for €3 on the Northside of the city.

that was completely rational. he wasn't slagging off northsiders. he was just saying that southsiders were silly enough to pay €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

I think Maria is moving along quite comofrtably and very competently through the weeks. She hasn't made any mistakes or done anything ridiculous. In fact, she seems like the kind of person I'd quite like to know. I think it'll be her versus Steve (dark haired Steve) in the final but I'd like to see her lead a task soon.

Lucinda and the immigrant comment....jesus. What was she thinking???

I think Jen deserved to be fired last night--her bad management trumped Brendan's general creepy horribleness. However I didn't think it was ok to say what she did in ther taxi. Imagine if you were the person Brendan or Aoiffe was going out with, even if they're broken up or whatever by now, and that was on TV? How humiliating is that? I'm not sure she quite thought it through.

well if she knew they were "together" and the way they ganged up on her then i would prob have blurted it out aswell. sickened the two of them. anyway that aoife deserves it. vile creature for a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

glasso wrote: »
    that was completely rational. he wasn't slagging off northsiders. he was just saying that southsiders were silly enough to pay €3.

its fairly obvious that folk shopping on moore street/dame street would be more savy with their cash than grafton street, Bill seemed to take exception to him (an immigrant) coming to these conclusions

he's the only capable person on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 forwardslasher

I think Jen was dead right to say what she did about them having an affair. She doesnt owe them anything, they're not her friends. It must be head wrecking to be working with and living with people that are touching each other.

Also is Jen not a bit mad-in-the-head to want to leave her 6 month old baby for the chance of a job with Bill Cullen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Lucinda and the immigrant comment....jesus. What was she thinking???

The way she reacted made it worse. If she had of laughed it off and said "you know what I mean, someone who will work hard for minimum wage!" she could have saved face somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

BOC's joke about Hans/hands was very good. He has improved a lot since he started letting the other guests finish there sentences.
    Like a lot of reality shows (ie BB 1 when Nasty Nick left) the show will lose a lot of it's appeal when Breff is eventually fired, the longer the incompetent gob****es stay on the bigger the ratings which shows what a farce the show is.
    Next week we have another mobile phone related advertising campaign, thats 2 in 3 weeks, the show is becoming a parody of itself, Peter Kay couldn't do it any better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Did that poor lad who was on the show as an estate agent (with the glasses) die this year/since the filming?. Unreal. Anyone know what happened to him, he seemed quite young. RIP.

What?!

Was there some "X RIP" at the end of the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Is it any wonder that the RPS group has been letting people go if Jennifer is representative of the caliber of employee on their books? :confused:

Regarding the "immigrant" comment, I don't see the big deal. The vast majority of cleaners these days are <ahem> not Irish so the comment was valid IMO.
    It's not like she said anything like what Anton Du Beke said on BBC the other day :pac:

well im sure renovating houses is hardly what jennifer did in her day job. and as for the comment on the immigrant, more just how stupid to say it on camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Wonder what Aoiffe boyfriend did after jennifers comment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Shane10 wrote: »
    well im sure renovating houses is hardly what jennifer did in her day job. and as for the comment on the immigrant, more just how stupid to say it on camera.

The problem with saying it on camera is the fact that they have a camera shoved in their face for the whole duration of the filming of the show, i.e. a few weeks. I'd imagine it's easy to forget it's there.

Regarding the day job bit, while that is indeed true, there is an element of preparation and attention to detail that someone of her alleged caliber should be more than capable of carrying out. This is what annoys me about some of their job titles - a lot of them are quite young and I can't believe that many of them have much responsibility or team-leading experience in their jobs. They appear very wet around the ears.
    That's why I can see the likes of Maria and possibly Ruth do well in the later tasks.

Also, it's quite hard to lead people when they're trying to stab you in the back. There's an awful lot of underhandedness that isn't apparent in the BBC version. It's almost as if they're deliberately out to sabotage each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    I'd say he looked a bit like the smiley at the end of your post.

Come to think of it, they could be Aoiffffffes eyes too!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Father's Day is Mid June (when this episode was filmed), so the sly cow has had ample opportunity for damage limitation. Looking in to her boyfriend's eyes with her puppy dog eyes demented chipmunk eyes, telling him about this bad loser skanger girl.

On another note, I remember seeing a clip of a forthcoming show where Bill is lambasting Steve Rayner about being condescending, looked like a preamble to him being fired, but it could have been a lashing to throw us off the scent. To be honest, none of them should win, they are all as bad as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

demented chipmunk eyes

Reminds me of the South Park Christmas Critters

funsize wrote: »
    Reminds me of the South Park Christmas Critters

You have way to much time on your hands!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

You have way to much time on your hands!!! :D

WAAAY too much time.

Here's Aoiffe as Blaine in Predator:

"I ain't got time for tea!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

Steve Raynor does look like the stand out candidate but something tells u that Bill isn't that fond of him though.In fairness to Steve the carpets where awful but at least he didn't moan or bitch just got on with it,God the sweat was pissin off him!

On next weeks show from the ad it looked as though Steve has a run with Sam that could be good and am i wrong or did i hear Geraldine saying she was the PM? PM 2 weeks in a row surely not ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Emmmooo wrote: »
    On next weeks show from the ad it looked as though Steve has a run with Sam that could be good and am i wrong or did i hear Geraldine saying she was the PM? PM 2 weeks in a row surely not ?????

Ya, she did say that...she could be PM in command of the 2nd team if they split up into two teams...we will find out next week.

Sam V Steve, ya she looks set to cause a bit of trouble, its a "creative" task, so will try to take over the whole thing with singing and dancing and specially composed pieces of music...

funsize wrote: »
    WAAAY too much time.

Here's Aoiffe as Blaine in Predator:

"I ain't got time for tea!"

She looks good in that picture!!!

carpets werent that bad, ive never laid one but i reckon they would be a nightmare to do esp on the stairs. imagine the 2 fools on the other team doing it, the moaning that they would do. i think some of those clips look like bill is talking to a certain person when hes actually talking to someone else. is it just the way it looks.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Sam V Steve, ya she looks set to cause a bit of trouble, its a "creative" task, so will try to take over the whole thing with singing and dancing and specially composed pieces of music...

Yeah I'd say that the stash of speed-prozac mixture that she managed to sneak into the house has almost run out and the real inner-freak will emerge!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lets lay a carpet???? are these people stupid, lay a ****ing carpet :eek: you get some in to do that very few people lay a carpet by themselves and if it is cheap carpet and you have never carpeted before it is certainly going to look ****.

Brendan should have taken on the task if he though he could do it no use whining after the fact.

€2,500 from B&Q and they spend everything something should have gone for keeping costs under €2,500 not that either team did that.

They should have just painted up stairs got some new sheets for the beds and focused on the hall, sitting room and kitchen.

I think he was right with whom he fired, she really did a bad job as PM (Project Manager).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Ha ha, it was a priceless episode. Like someone said previously, they all seem so intent on covering their own arses/stabbing others in the back they don't get much done. Most of the things they have done has been cack of the highest order.

The Samsung Jet ad with a picture of some girls taking a picture....*facepalm*.

The Accounting software with a picture of a cake/spelling yer man's name incorrectly - Holy Jaysus, what a bunch of morons!

I think Breffney seems like a nice bloke, but how is he still there? He wouldn't last 5 minutes with Alan Sugar, I reckon Bill knows the family and is doing them a favour or something.

Advertisement