Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 4 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

The show was filmed weeks ago apparently. All of the drama involving the contestants and alleged affairs is resolved by now I'm sure.

The candidates seem to be a bit lost on occasions, they go to B&Q without as much a pen and paper? They tried to do a whole house renovation in that amount of time and didn't take up the option of fitters? Makes no sense. They all are well qualified with good jobs, I'm going back to college, if these specimens can make it so can I.

Bill talks some absolute ****e and he can twist anything relating to any candidate and turn up the intensity of the criticism to suit the producer's agenda. Brian and Jackie do a good job, they state the obvious but Bill is a twat in the boardroom. That said the right people have been fired so far. When you're PM you should be bulling to get everything done right because it's your neck on the line and Jennifer was too relaxed.

Geraldine will win it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

cashville wrote: »
    I think Breffney seems like a nice bloke, but how is he still there? He wouldn't last 5 minutes with Alan Sugar, I reckon Bill knows the family and is doing them a favour or something.

No Breffney is the James of the Irish series.

I think it will be down to Sam and Ger. I think geraldine is quite strong possible the strongest I think Aoife is just looking down on her.

Anyone know the shooting schedule? I know it finished weeks ago. Over what period is it shot?

I presume they're not shooting for 2 days and then having 5 days to swan around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 HealthyWay

The amount of advertising and product placement within the show is verging on the ridiculous at this stage. Soon you'll have to go to Spar and buy a jar of Maxwell House to get a special code to watch an episode....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Anyone know the shooting schedule? I know it finished weeks ago. Over what period is it shot?

I presume they're not shooting for 2 days and then having 5 days to swan around the house.
    Last year it was done in its entirety over the month of August and early September with the final being done some weeks after. Presumably the same again this year.
    Bill talks some absolute ****e and he can twist anything relating to any candidate and turn up the intensity of the criticism to suit the producer's agenda. Brian and Jackie do a good job, they state the obvious but Bill is a twat in the boardroom.
    Bill would argue over what colours are on the Irish flag in the boardroom FFS. The fact that its scripted makes an even bigger mockery of his apparent "acumen".
    HealthyWay wrote: »
    The amount of advertising and product placement within the show is verging on the ridiculous at this stage. Soon you'll have to go to Spar and buy a jar of Maxwell House to get a special code to watch an episode....
    LOL! Fair enough them trying to spin a few bob by getting brands involved but it has truly descended into a farce in this series, see "Elmo"'s post in the other apprentice thread about how many broadcasting rules they appear to be in breach of :eek: Im surprised Durex havent announced their sponsorship of the love interest in the house !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Elmo wrote: »
    No Breffney is the James of the Irish series.

I think it will be down to Sam and Ger. I think geraldine is quite strong possible the strongest I think Aoife is just looking down on her.

Tis my first time watching this show (UK or IRL) so I don't who James is. I just think he seems like a nice chap, not necessarily good at anything though!

Sizzler wrote: »
    Bill would argue over what colours are on the Irish flag in the boardroom FFS. The fact that its scripted makes an even bigger mockery of his apparent "acumen".

You're kidding me, scripted, I wonder how much of it is dropped in later in that case. I thought with Bill's gift of the gab he could ad lib.

cashville wrote: »
    Tis my first time watching this show (UK or IRL) so I don't who James is. I just think he seems like a nice chap, not necessarily good at anything though!

That is exactly what James was like, great comedy. In fairness to James he did turn it around towards the end, I think Breffney might do the same.

Mr. Nice But Dim.

For the Product Placement Law / bad production values discussion http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055690245

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

ya surely if the boardroom is scripted then it a joke. is that true. it must be weird doing that show. obvisiouly were not seen half of what happens.

Shane10 wrote: »
    ya surely if the boardroom is scripted then it a joke. is that true. it must be weird doing that show. obvisiouly were not seen half of what happens.

I don't think it could be, Bill and the rest in the board room know what they are talking about and have seen the tasks in action, unless you have no Idea how to talk, you don't need a script. It is just a conversation nothing more nothing less, however I noticed that Ger said, she had been working on her house for the last 7 weeks and had been shopping in Woodies, only to have it blanked over by B&Q :D *

*JOKE

• Advertisement

You're kidding me, scripted, I wonder how much of it is dropped in later in that case. I thought with Bill's gift of the gab he could ad lib.
    Gift of the gab? LOL!
    Shane10 wrote: »
    Exactly!
    Elmo wrote: »
    I don't think it could be, Bill and the rest in the board room know what they are talking about and have seen the tasks in action, unless you have no Idea how to talk, you don't need a script. It is just a conversation nothing more nothing less, however I noticed that Ger said, she had been working on her house for the last 7 weeks and had been shopping in Woodies, only to have it blanked over by B&Q :D *

*JOKE

See below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62503713&postcount=2

Have since had the bones of that story confirmed from a friend who knows one of the cameramen!

Gift of the gab? LOL!

Exactly!

See below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62503713&postcount=2

Have since had the bones of that story confirmed from a friend who knows one of the cameramen!

I would love to see the outtakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

She will get herself in trouble with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Hookey

You notice all the quotes in that article come from this very thread? Now maybe its me, but no-one on here seems "outraged". Most people think it was a very silly thing to say but I haven't seen much evidence of people breaking out the torches and pitchforks. The cynic in me thinks TV3 didn't edit her comment because they knew it would develop some "controversy" and column inches for the show. Personally I think the remark was trivial, and if people are honest with themselves, they know exactly what she meant. Its the kind of "get a Polish decorator" comment you hear every day (or you did until they all went home).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hookey wrote: »
    You notice all the quotes in that article come from this very thread? Now maybe its me, but no-one on here seems "outraged". Most people think it was a very silly thing to say but I haven't seen much evidence of people breaking out the torches and pitchforks. The cynic in me thinks TV3 didn't edit her comment because they knew it would develop some "controversy" and column inches for the show. Personally I think the remark was trivial, and if people are honest with themselves, they know exactly what she meant. Its the kind of "get a Polish decorator" comment you hear every day (or you did until they all went home).

Two quotes from outraged fans! Evening Herald would wanna do a bit better - as well as that Lucinda isn't a single parent!

Two quotes from outraged fans! Evening Herald would wanna do a bit better - as well as that Lucinda isn't a single parent!

Think that they're referring to Jennifer in that regard.

Two quotes from outraged fans!

I didn't even notice the comment. But I am outraged, utterly outraged. :rolleyes:

It was a stupid side comment, but I won't be shopping in B&Q ever again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Scripted???? it's like ''the hills'' only with even more rubbish actors, bill should grow a beard like spencer did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I didn't think it was possible for that rag to get any worse but it actually has :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

After remarks like that I wouldn't hire Lucinda Kelly even to clean my private toilet at 8.65 euro per hour. :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Can someone explain to me why her comment was racist. Exactly what race was she discriminating against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Euroland

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why her comment was racist. Exactly what race was she discriminating against.

all the immigrants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

It was xenophobic rather than racist. But then again you wouldn't expect the Herald to understand the distinction, would you?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

glasso wrote: »
    Think that they're referring to Jennifer in that regard.

Its both in the new article - even though its clearly recycled. Same couple of paragraphs in both - lazy journalism IMO

FFS the Herald would wanna get a bit of cop on TBH!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭Heroditas

"Swamped", FFS they need to get a grip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭unichick

Geraldine's facebook profile pic is unrecognisable to herself. She looks hot and is that Jennifer with her in the pic? Looks like the same tat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Flippyflop

I meet Steve Rayner today what a complete and utter hottie!! He looks around 10 years younger and a good stone lighter in person!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

deadwood wrote: »
    Looks like Rosanna Davison (?) got her teeth done in B&Q too.

A bit more B&Q needed for yer ones tattoo too.

And Bill's make-up is applied with a brickie's trowel, also supplied by B&Q!

Advertisement