Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike for 'A' licence test?

• 12-10-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hello, just a quick question for ye,would i get away with doing the A licence bike test (not A1) on a 125cc bike? Or does it have to be say,a restricted 600 or something? Does the tester check the bike on the day of the test to see if its over 125cc? Reason being,I can get a cheap 125cc bike for the test if needs be.Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it has to be over the 125 for the test, otherwise you will be issued an A1 license. naturally it needs to be of an appropriate size/restriction as well (not an unrestricted 600 or anything)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭alo1587

Thanks for the quick reply, Tree.Does the tester ask you what engine size the bike is on the day of the test,or could i just stick a 250 sticker on it for the test;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Ah don't think so really.

They know their stuff re bikes and aren't stupid. Testers stick rigidly to the rules so if you arrive with an A1 bike you'll get an A1 test/licence.

Appropriate-sized bike can be rented easily enough, especially as part of a pre-test package. David Lyons would be good for this. (to name but one person)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

alo1587 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, Tree.Does the tester ask you what engine size the bike is on the day of the test,or could i just stick a 250 sticker on it for the test;)

Class, thanks for giving me a laugh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

There'll be no fooling them. These guys know more about bikes than they lot of us put together.

And any noob can tell the difference between a 250 and a 125.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Would they want a restrictor cert for a bike that useally put out more than 33bhp? or would I get away with doing the test on say a hornet 250 if it had not been restricted yet (of course I would be getting it restricted ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Timmaay wrote: »
    Would they want a restrictor cert for a bike that useally put out more than 33bhp? or would I get away with doing the test on say a hornet 250 if it had not been restricted yet (of course I would be getting it restricted ;))

They wont ask for a cert, just sign a piece of paper and away you go.

Advertisement