Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home insurance query

Options
  • 12-10-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

my premium has come to an end with first active, renewal price is 340 odd. rang cornmarket and best price they could get me was also in the 340's.
    123.ie online quote was almost €150 cheaper.

how is this so???? all the same details yet a massive saving, is there a catch????

who would boardies recommend for home insurance??

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Make sure you read the t&c's of the individual policies and look at claiming process and excesses etc. Bottom line with home insurance is the payout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Watch out for the excess with 123.ie

It was a couple of years ago but I got a car insurance quote from them which was about €200 cheaper than most of the other companies. Then I checked the excess which was €1000! Most car insurers' excess is about €125-€250.

Excessive (:D) to say the least.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOI are having a 'sale' on home insurance at the moment, it's something like 15% or 20% off. Like most insurers they also offer discounts for the likes of having a monitored alarm etc. They've got a big push on to get new home insurance customers, so they might even give you a bit extra off. Also the excess is low, like €100 or something. I know I work for them, but I've actually got their home insurance myself and it's a very good policy, all sorts of extras.

Advertisement