Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

malware detection

Options
  • 12-10-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055706176&page=2

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
    The website at boards.ie contains elements from the site www.andreasn.se, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
    For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.andreasn.se.
    Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
    I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.

What's this all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's because of a sig image hosted on another site that Google are having a hissy fit about at the moment. A boards member is using that image in his sig and he's posted on the thread you've linked to. With this specific thing, sometimes google get it right and sometimes google get it wrong but they always take ages to figure out which it is.

Nothing to do with boards but I've asked the member in question if he'd mind using an image from somewhere else to avoid the confusion for people. Hopefully he'll be OK with that.

Either way, it's just an image from outside boards and having checked it out, you needn't be worried about it at all.

Advertisement