Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearing Clinic

• 12-10-2009 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I need a hearing assessment and there is a 2 year waiting list to be assessed at public clinic. Does anyone know of a clinic/consultant that I could go to privately? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Are you talking about the standard test where you sit in a booth with a headset on and press buttons whenever you hear sounds of varying pitch? I know they have this facility in The Keogh Practice up in Ballybricken (or at least they did a few years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭flipsat

gscully wrote: »
    Are you talking about the standard test where you sit in a booth with a headset on and press buttons whenever you hear sounds of varying pitch? I know they have this facility in The Keogh Practice up in Ballybricken (or at least they did a few years ago).

Thanks for your reply. I am not really sure what sort of test I need as have never had one previously. Is Keoghs a medical practice or a hearing aid centre do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

flipsat wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I am not really sure what sort of test I need as have never had one previously. Is Keoghs a medical practice or a hearing aid centre do you know?

You're welcome! It's a medical practice. I'd say that is the test you're thinking of. I had one done in Keogh's before they refurbished the place.

Here's their website:
    http://www.tkp.ie/index.cfm/loc/4.htm

Audiometery is the service you require...and they look to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Tower Hearing, 18 Parnell St. Waterford. (051) 852918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

they do it down in specsavers now as far as i know.i usually get mine done up in the hospital,get the bone test and the one with the buttons.

hidden hearing,which is at 3 arundal square. tel:051-878872.think they do it free of charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

gscully wrote: »
    You're welcome! It's a medical practice. I'd say that is the test you're thinking of. I had one done in Keogh's before they refurbished the place.

Here's their website:
    http://www.tkp.ie/index.cfm/loc/4.htm

Audiometery is the service you require...and they look to have it.

ye they have it,got it done up there about two years ago as my employers used that medical facility.

Many thanks to all for their helpful replies and especially to GScully. You have all helped to set me on the right track which is exactly what I wanted.

Have just found a really good site whilst browsing, it has loads of useful information on hearing loss:
    www.hear-it.org

Advertisement