Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V Italy Photo Competition

• 12-10-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

A selection of Images taken at the recent Ireland V Italy match, by Boards.ie users, please vote for your fave.

Picture Number One:
    4003610049_e90536e48a.jpg

Picture Number Two
    4003614931_c842bf63b4.jpg

Picture Number Three
    4004386048_15119ebfc4.jpg

Picture Number Four
    4004396232_be88a0d792.jpg

Picture Number Five
    4003640171_3c80ea131d.jpg

Picture Number Six
    4003651111_cfbe4b76c5.jpg

Picture Number Seven
    4005017196_c4fea72b5a.jpg

Picture Number Eight
    4004668656_895616084b.jpg

Picture Number Nine
    4004689996_99d43edf21.jpg

Poll open until Monday 19th at 16.00 May the best Man win.

Which Image is the best? 87 votes

Picture Number One
    0% 0 votes
    Picture Number Two
    6% 6 votes
    Picture Number Three
    3% 3 votes
    Picture Number Four
    8% 7 votes
    Picture Number Five
    11% 10 votes
    Picture Number Six
    6% 6 votes
    Picture Number Seven
    4% 4 votes
    Picture Number Eight
    57% 50 votes
    Picture Number Nine
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I don't think I could pick out a good football photo if it smacked me on the head. Having said that, Nº6 is the one that jumps out (for me). Dunno why. One football match looks the same as the next TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Nice set Fergus!

Wondering how you managed to get no.4, seeing as you were obviously pitch side?

#edit Sorry realise now, they're from different people doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I had a remote camera attached to the roof of the stand ;)

Only kidding they are a selection of images from Boards posters.

Should have made that clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'll be honest this was pretty tough, None stood out above the others really...
    6 gets Silver, 7 get's Bronze, Gold goes too #9....barely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Many o f them wouldn't have been my choice from the ones already posted TBH. Number 7 for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I got to agree with animal here, its really hard to pick one as best, they are all brilliant. And what a great game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Looks like #7 is going to be the run away winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 damiendar

I didnt know this was going on so i didnt enter not that id have anything better mind..... but its one for me/ as its pin sharpe but they are all good - as nobody here really knows me Say hello at the next game im the guy thats to fat to fit into those stupid vest things they give you ask Ray Egan - not a rebel just tooo fat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

that this mean Im too late to enter a pic ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

damiendar wrote: »
    I didnt know this was going on so i didnt enter not that id have anything better mind..... but its one for me/ as its pin sharpe but they are all good - as nobody here really knows me Say hello at the next game im the guy thats to fat to fit into those stupid vest things they give you ask Ray Egan - not a rebel just tooo fat

I know you too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 damiendar

Ballyman didnt see you there - Hunt was having shooting practice at half time into an empty net at my end - i was busy talking to the guy beside me ( french photographer) when i got hit in the face by one of his shots scary as i was sitting around the edge of the box line 18yrds from the goal lol his crossing was much better later...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 atstan13

Hi guys,

This has ben great fun :-)

My vote is definitely for number 7 ...............main reason is that it's the only shot I've seen taken from this goal-side and the mid-air dive is deadly !!! Sharp and crisp too ......I must get a better lens (and a good deal more experience)

Well done .....I wish I'd walked around to that end too.

Pictures 1 & 3 are so similar you'd swear that they were cropped from the one picture 'till you see the split-second changeover on the advertising ... amazing.

Number 9 would have gotten my vote if the entire jump was in the frame ....unlucky.

Thanks again,

Stan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's 7 for me just for the significance of the goal and what could have been!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

No3 for me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Lots of votes & a clear winner.

So who's is who's?

In third Place Hearvee

Picture Number Four
    4004396232_be88a0d792.jpg

In second place HarcourtGreen

Picture Number Nine
    4004689996_99d43edf21.jpg

And the winner is...........Me!

Picture Number Seven
    4005017196_c4fea72b5a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Good man and well done

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Nice one Dodgy. Runaway winner as soon as the first votes went in!

For the record (as a couple of people asked), mine was taken from the 2nd row of the Upper Canal End, but there was a Sportsfile remote camera clamped to the railings in front of me (focussed on the goal nearest us) so they got a lot of similar shots to mine.

e.g. St Ledgers goal...
    http://sportsfile.com/id/382431/
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3474/4004621086_754befecce.jpg

We should have one for the France game, hows about it?

Home or Away?

Myself and Shep the dog are all booked and ready for Gay Paris (Gay in the Paris way not in the Donal Og way, well thats speaking for myself I dont know bout shep)

Advertisement