Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not being charged for internet on phone

• 12-10-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

whenever i use the internet on my mobile phone, no credit is used.....just on it there for 7 minutes, checked email and forums and when i came out, i had not used any credit....??
    Today is the first time i have used the internet on my phone
    Meteor Sony Ericcson

is this normal????
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Liam79 wrote: »
    whenever i use the internet on my mobile phone, no credit is used.....just on it there for 7 minutes, checked email and forums and when i came out, i had not used any credit....??
    Today is the first time i have used the internet on my phone
    Meteor Sony Ericcson

is this normal????
    Cheers
    Normally you get charged 99c a day for 50MB of usage, it's most likely due to that. Who's your provider?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

i thought it was 49c now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Dankoozy wrote: »
    i thought it was 49c now?

Still 99c for PAYG customers. Have you tried *#105# to see if any of your 50MB has been used ? also you could check your account history on mymeteor should explain what you are being charged for or not if that's the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

I had a phone, whenever I went on the internet I was never charged, even when I had no credit I could go on the internet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

I had a phone, whenever I went on the internet I was never charged, even when I had no credit I could go on the internet :)

Me to. It was a few years ago but I spent a serious amount of time on the internet with it and was never charged. That was until one day I got a text from Meteor saying we have noticed a problem with your service and have rectified the problem. Got charged after that, but the never looked for any money off me thank god, because guess I used a couple of thousand euro worth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

better call meteor and tell them you want to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Maybe you are only looking at sites that are free to view??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Maybe you are only looking at sites that are free to view??

Typically you will be charged for data, as opposed to particular sites.

Apart from the providers own websites, most of them would incur data charges.

Advertisement