Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster tip

• 12-10-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

I was recently reflecting on the Pixies gig I went to in the Olympia and the scramble to get tickets.

I was talking to a number of friends who tried to get tickets too but were having issues connecting to the ticketmaster site - problems with pages not loading. But I had none of these problems.

So through a bit of research I started off with the facts - my friends were in Ireland, I abroad - this was the only real difference between our situations.

I did a tracert on ticketmaster.ie and noted that the server is hosted in the UK, IP address (tmie.ticketmaster.co.uk.akadns.net) 77.75.136.142. I just went through one mock purchasing ticket scenario and the search for available tickets bit - the TLD never changed from ticketmaster.ie

What I guess the problem they were experiencing might be a bottleneck in some connection from Ireland to UK. I've heard from more IT adept friends that routing is very clever and can usually overcome such conditions by simply choosing a different route so I don't really know.

Maybe someone here on boards can continue my effort :P

No great bit of information here but just if someone wants to increase their chances of getting a ticket online where there will be a high number of requests quickly, consider getting a friend abroad to give it a shot for you.

Also mods, not sure where to post this (music, consumer issues, here etc.) so if you feel that there is a better place, please move!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

If you can speak german, the german ticketmaster site also offers tickets for the Irish gigs.
    I got my tickets for the GAA 125th anniversary celebrations and Dublin Tyrone league game on the german ticketmaster site!
    U2 tickets for Croke Park were also available on the morning they were released in Ireland, but without server connection problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,539 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

enda1 wrote: »

I did a tracert on ticketmaster.ie and noted that the server is hosted in the UK, IP address (tmie.ticketmaster.co.uk.akadns.net) 77.75.136.142. I just went through one mock purchasing ticket scenario and the search for available tickets bit - the TLD never changed from ticketmaster.ie

No, it's not hosted in the UK, they're on the Akamai CDN, so you're balanced to the closest cluster for your location, others will see different addresses.

What I guess the problem they were experiencing might be a bottleneck in some connection from Ireland to UK. I've heard from more IT adept friends that routing is very clever and can usually overcome such conditions by simply choosing a different route so I don't really know.

Not necessarily a matter of route, possbily they were all being balanced to the same strained cluster in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i was (forced into) getting miley cyrus tickets for my neice when the o2 gig was on a while back and despite connecting through 3 different web proxies in Ireland, the UK & the USA I was not able to access the ticketmaster site until 15 minutes into them going on sale, by which time they were all sold out anyway.

i guess it just depends on how popular the gigs are.

Advertisement