Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game where you collect gold, can buy houses and furniture, and can do quests at will

• 12-10-2009 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I hope someone can advise me on this.

The missus has just finished Fable 2 and Saints Row 2, and is looking for something similar. Basically a relatively open world game where you can do quests at will, buy property, furniture, clothes, etc.

A game where the focus isn't just on killing; you get to play around with your character.

Do any of you know any games like this on the Xbox 360?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sounds like she might like Sims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

fallout 3 or oblivion are fairly close, in oblivion if you go with the mage guild there's not as much killing as the other guilds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oblivion and Fallout 3

A little more "serious" than Fable if you get me but they are pretty much bang on your description

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

original fable (from original xbox) works if you can download the patch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

She can restart Fable 2 and play the opposite alignment. It's a cheap way of getting her what she wants. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

far cry 2 or GTA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

GTA IV (but less 'fun' than saints row 2)
    Oblivion sounds perfect and will keep her going for ages.
    Fallout 3, shorter more 'nerdy' with stats etc.
    Godfather 2, but meant to be a little pants

Viva Pinata (you can't really die at all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Basically a relatively open world game where you can do quests at will, buy property, furniture, clothes, etc.

How about real life??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kiss your girl goodbye if she gets hooked on fallout or oblivion :D
    Fallout 3 lasted me 120 hours + on one save alone, if you include the dlc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Thanks for the replies everyone. She already has Oblivion but thinks it is too difficult, so I will try the mage guild option (and help train her if necessary :)) and see if it makes life any easier for her.

Tbh I'm surprised there aren't more games like this on the xbox, seems like there's a gap in the market!

Thanks again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Oblivion is your best bet. A lot of hours in it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies everyone. She already has Oblivion but thinks it is too difficult, so I will try the mage guild option (and help train her if necessary :)) and see if it makes life any easier for her.

Tbh I'm surprised there aren't more games like this on the xbox, seems like there's a gap in the market!

Thanks again. :)

Just turn the difficulty down on it in the menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

How about real life??
    Buying houses, accumulating gold etc is pretty difficult at the moment. Oblivion might be a better shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Dont sleep in oblivion. It raises your character level and also the levels of all the enemies. It doesn't scale well. The enemies seem to be easier at lower levels comparative to your character level. They dont seem to scale as well. I didnt realise this til after I breezed through the game a little too easily :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Snap. My girlfriend had the exact same request. Loved Fable but wasn't keen on Oblivion/Fallout 3. Obvious but how about the new fable episodes? I think you can download one for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not quite the same genre as Fable and that, but the old classic racer Test Drive Unlimited allowed you to do races or tasks (like give someone a lift from A to B, or deliver a classic or sports car undamaged from point A to point B) for money and you could buy new cars, property and outfits for your character.

Should be able to pick it up for really cheap now - My nieces loved it. Never mind the cars or sports bikes, they just wanted to buy better apartments around Hawaii and dress up in new clothes and stuff. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Might like sims or Spore (unlikely but it allows you to be creative easily).

How can anybody find Oblivion too difficult .. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Snap. My girlfriend had the exact same request. Loved Fable but wasn't keen on Oblivion/Fallout 3. Obvious but how about the new fable episodes? I think you can download one for free.

The Fable episodes are just Fable II broken up into 5 sections. There's the Fable II DLC which isn't free.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

How can anybody find Oblivion too difficult .. ?

Cos the fighting is arse! Fatigue is poorly implemented! It should have been more like Severance: Blade of Darkness! Loved the game but most fights descended into me firing arrows and running backwards cos the enemies would take half my HP with one hit. Yeah I know how they ended up that way with levelling, but it's one of those stupid things where you have to read up on a game to play it right rather than just play! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Oh if you have a Wii you could get Animal Crossing:
    http://ie.wii.ign.com/objects/748/748892.html

Advertisement