Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single tap pump

Options
  • 12-10-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi All,
    i just installed a new shower tap (Franke Swiss Pro). The cold water is great and has great pressure but the hot water is limp. Is there a pump which you can get for this single tap which is quiet to operate?

Regards,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hi I am guessing this is one of the kitchen taps with the shower heads. This is a common problem. The cold water works fine because its on mains but the hot does not.

The correct procedure would be to pressurise the whole house but this is not practical to you and prob to expensive. Buying a quite pump might also be a problem

You can use a single impeller pump but the problem is the water is the hot tap might be to hot for it. If you get in touch with someone like modern plant they do the grundfos range of pumps. You can tell them of your problem and they might have a brass bodied singled impeller that would suit. If they do they will tell you the nearest agent where you can buy it.

hope someone else contrabutes to give you more information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

replace the aerator within the tap

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Thanks Joey & Pipers,
    I think the aerator is not the problem, its a brand new tap. I will check re the impeller and check with modern plant.
    Appreciate your quick replies.

Regards,
    Paul

Advertisement