If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 32inch LCD and bracket? Advice please

Options
  • 12-10-2009 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi John & Nicola

I tried to buy an lcd from you last christmas, and ended up on a waiting list for 3 months for an LG which was then discontinued. :( You were very busy from Christmas onwards and I had mixed dealings with the shop which I did communicate with you and you were very nice but...anyway onwards and upwards.. I have decided to give you a go again, as I did not get around to buying an lcd in the end last time. So I hope you can help me now :)

This time I am looking to get

1 x 32 inch lcd
    (budget £300- 350)
    • mpeg4, easily suitable use in Ireland without any adaptors and future proof. We use a local cable company to receive the channels not sky.
    • Preferably full HD, but I am not sure if this makes much differance with a 32in?? We will be placing the tv over a fireplace and viewing from about 8-10 feet away. Maybe you could advise on this matter. I have seen the samsungs and LGfree sat model mentioned here, which is more appropriate? if any?
    1 x Wall fitting (lower end budget)
    I would like to be able to swivel the tv out a bit, but are those type of fitting less secure then the fixed wall brackets?? Please advise as I am going to fit the tv to a plasterboard wall over a fireplace and need the tv to be secure.

If you can let me know your best price for both and delivery to Dublin I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Pixied

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi John & Nicola

I tried to buy an lcd from you last christmas, and ended up on a waiting list for 3 months for an LG which was then discontinued. :( You were very busy from Christmas onwards and I had mixed dealings with the shop which I did communicate with you and you were very nice but...anyway onwards and upwards.. I have decided to give you a go again, as I did not get around to buying an lcd in the end last time. So I hope you can help me now :)

This time I am looking to get

1 x 32 inch lcd
    (budget £300- 350)
    • mpeg4, easily suitable use in Ireland without any adaptors and future proof.
    • Preferably full HD, but I am not sure if this makes much differance with a 32in?? We will be placing the tv over a fireplace and viewing from about 8-10 feet away. Maybe you could advise on this matter. I have seen the samsungs and LGfree sat model mentioned here, which is more appropriate? if any?
    1 x Wall fitting (lower end budget)
    I would like to be able to swivel the tv out a bit, but are those type of fitting less secure then the fixed wall brackets?? Please advise as I am going to fit the tv to a plasterboard wall over a fireplace and need the tv to be secure.

If you can let me know your best price for both and delivery to Dublin I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Pixied

Pixied,

thanks for the post & for giving us another chance!

Ok for £300-350 you will get a nice TV - if you stretch the budget another little bit (to £390) you can get the excellent LG 32LF7700 which is Full Hd and includes a freesat decoder as well as an MPEG4 decoder - I would rate it very highly!

Alternatively the LG 32LH3010 is an excellent TV at £379.95 and again is Full HD

If you were happy for a HD ready set (and at 32" the differences are small!) we can do the 32PFL5404h at EURO €449.99 (less your Philips Shop 10% Boardies discount ) which means that we can do it for you at a Boardies special of just €399.99 EURO. This TV looks and sounds great!

ON the bracket front - can you get a grounding or is there just plasterboard over the fireplace - I would be really hesitant to fit ANY swivel bracket unless you can get a firm grounding as the torque levels which a swivel bracket causes are way higher than a standard bracket - be really careful!

If it's just a standard bracket - we can do the Maxslim bracket at just £24.99 - if you need a tilt & swivel bracket we can do the easy 3 XL at £47.99.

Thanks again for the 2nd chance and keep me posted - if any of these interest you I'll get a delivery price for you by return,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks John

The LG freesat is probably a little above my budget.
    1. How does the SAMSUNG LE32B530 compare with those mentioned? It seems very popular.
    2. If I were to look at the philips, would the fact that is not Full HD make a differance to me in the future? For example would I maybe have to buy some kind of add on device to access HD TV?
    (spot the novice :))

Thanks again,
    Pixied

Thanks John

The LG freesat is probably a little above my budget.
    1. How does the SAMSUNG LE32B530 compare with those mentioned? It seems very popular.
    2. If I were to look at the philips, would the fact that is not Full HD make a differance to me in the future? For example would I maybe have to buy some kind of add on device to access HD TV?
    (spot the novice :))

Thanks again,
    Pixied

We love Novices, don't worry (and we are normally gentle with them!)

OK the whole HD Ready V's Full HD thing - in principle any Full HD TV should be better than a mere HD ready unit - however as anyone in the know will tell you - you are much better off with a good HD ready unit rather than a basic Full HD unit.

It won't be possible in the future to buy an 'add on' device to turn a HD Ready into a Full HD TV - however this is not really a major issue as all HD ready TV's will display all HD signals, just not with the same resolution as a full HD - the LE32B530 is actually a decent set - however for the extra £30 the 32LF7700 is a no-brainer!

Anyway keep me posted and whatever you like we will do our best to get hold of for you.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John

Following on from my previous post ,the freesat 32 LG is out of budget, I understand your points though , thanks! I only use cable and would not have any other use for the tv, ie gaming etc..

Can you pls quote me for the the LE32B450,a wall bracket (preferably if it will tilt), a cable for connecting to my cable provider and delivery to Dublin.

Thanks!!
    Pix

ps sorry I posted this twice because I wasn't sure where was more appropriate..:)

Hi John

Following on from my previous post ,the freesat 32 LG is out of budget, I understand your points though , thanks! I only use cable and would not have any other use for the tv, ie gaming etc..

Can you pls quote me for the the LE32B450,a wall bracket (preferably if it will tilt), a cable for connecting to my cable provider and delivery to Dublin.

Thanks!!
    Pix

ps sorry I posted this twice because I wasn't sure where was more appropriate..:)

Pix,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The LE32B450 is £319.95 / €359.99 - if you want a wall bracket we can do a few - if you just want a small tilt I would recommend the Max slim which is a great bracket (really to install) which allows a small (approx 15 degree tilt) - if you want a bracket where you can adjust the tilt & Swivel then the Premier Mounts AM2 with the 200*200 adaptor at £74.95 / €82.99.

I'm not sure what cable your cable box has (or if its just a wall RF point??) if you give me a shout we can come back to you on this.

Delivery on the 32B450 is £19.95 / €22.99.

Keep me posted and again thx for the postie!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Thanks again John- this is the last post - I swear!

I'm between the philips and the le32b450, will the max slim bracket fit both?

Or do the philips store have one in stock locally at a similar price? If not, will there be a problem in you sending one to the philips store for me to pick up if I go with the 32 philips?

Thanks again John!

Thanks again John- this is the last post - I swear!

I'm between the philips and the le32b450, will the max slim bracket fit both?

Or do the philips store have one in stock locally at a similar price? If not, will there be a problem in you sending one to the philips store for me to pick up if I go with the 32 philips?

Thanks again John!

Pixie,

no problem with the posts - keep them coming - just apologies I cannot always get to answer them as quickly as I would like.

Yep the Max Slim will fit both the 450 and the Philips and we have them in stock in both branches.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc& Crew

Pixied,

thanks for the post & for giving us another chance!

Ok for £300-350 you will get a nice TV - if you stretch the budget another little bit (to £390) you can get the excellent LG 32LF7700 which is Full Hd and includes a freesat decoder as well as an MPEG4 decoder - I would rate it very highly!

Alternatively the LG 32LH3010 is an excellent TV at £379.95 and again is Full HD

If you were happy for a HD ready set (and at 32" the differences are small!) we can do the 32PFL5404h at EURO €449.99 (less your Philips Shop 10% Boardies discount ) which means that we can do it for you at a Boardies special of just €399.99 EURO. This TV looks and sounds great!

ON the bracket front - can you get a grounding or is there just plasterboard over the fireplace - I would be really hesitant to fit ANY swivel bracket unless you can get a firm grounding as the torque levels which a swivel bracket causes are way higher than a standard bracket - be really careful!

If it's just a standard bracket - we can do the Maxslim bracket at just £24.99 - if you need a tilt & swivel bracket we can do the easy 3 XL at £47.99.

Thanks again for the 2nd chance and keep me posted - if any of these interest you I'll get a delivery price for you by return,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks..

Ok, as above, I've narrowed it down to the following
    • Maxslim bracket at just £24.99
    and one cable to connect to cable tv wall outlet from wall straight to socket

Whats the best deal you can give me for these?

(..please be kind after all the hassle I had last year :)..)

Also do the Philips store deliver within Dublin?

Thanks a mill,
    Pix

Hi John

Thanks..

Ok, as above, I've narrowed it down to the following
    • Maxslim bracket at just £24.99
    and one cable to connect to cable tv wall outlet from wall straight to socket

Whats the best deal you can give me for these?

(..please be kind after all the hassle I had last year :)..)

Also do the Philips store deliver within Dublin?

Thanks a mill,
    Pix

Pixie,

€419.99 all in inc delivery - that's as tight as it can go!

Are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? :p:p:p

KMP,

ATB,

John Mc

We're there!!! :D:D:D Yihoooo, lol...:p

Deal done. Thanks John.

Will PM you with my details now..

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.