Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70 YEAR OLD WOMAN BEATEN UP????

Options
  • 12-10-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi, i just heard there was a 70 year old beaten up for her savings today in grange ( between dungarvan and youghal ) . does anyone know if theres any truth to this? if so i think vigilantes should take over and weed these losers out. an eye for an eye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yeah i heard it on the news on my way home this evening. Whoever done this should be skinned alive and left to suffer a slow and severely painful death!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nothing surprises me anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Still in disbelif:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

An elderly woman is recovering in hospital today after she was dragged from her home, tied to a post and brutally assaulted by three burglars in Co Waterford at the weekend.
    Gardaí in Dungarvan described the incident as one of the “most brutal” attacks they had investigated in recent years.
    Three men broke into the 68-year-old woman’s house near Ardmore at about 4.30am on Saturday.
    The men are understood to have entered the woman’s bedroom and tied her to the bed. She was then “severely beaten” until she told the intruders where her savings were located, according to gardaí.
    The men then dragged the victim into her garden and tied her to a fence before making off with her savings.
    The woman, who sustained serious injuries in the attack, managed to free herself and alert the gardaí. She was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital where she is said to be in a stable condition.
    Gardaí have appealed to anybody with information to contact them at Dungarvan Garda station at 058-48600.
    Speaking on RTÉ's News at One , Garda Inspector Paul Heffernan condemned the attack. "It just beggars belief as to why this lady was subjected to this ordeal," he said.
    Gda Insp Heffernan said the area was rural and isolated, and that anything unusual would have been noticed by people, particularly on the main road from Dungarvan to Youghal.
    He said the victim was able to give some preliminary descriptions of her attackers, who he described as three males, possibly in their 20s, with one perhaps of larger build than the others.
    He said there was no recent history of similar break-ins in the area.

:( wtf has Ireland come to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Disgusting. These animals deserve jail for the rest of their natural lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Hear, hear,

It's happening all the time, throughout the country.
    It's only when you know the victim or the area that you think about it and how barbaric it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Dyin's too good for 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Skittlers

Gardi busy with last few days questioning a lot of suspects..
    Thats the latest i heard...Hope they get the Ba.tards..

Advertisement