Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring Back the Kids Trolleys

Options
  • 12-10-2009 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

So at long last we could take our 3.5 year old shopping without the usual hassle, as Tesco had installed Kids trolleys. It was a life e saver. She spent the whole time on 4 occasions by either mine or my wife’s side, asking what we needed and what could go into her trolley. Shopping became great fun rather than a chore. She was in her element. Then on Friday we go in and there are no trolleys. I spoke to the security guy and he said a lady in the Ballybrack branch had her heels clipped and so they had to be removed from all stores. :mad:

Okay so if there is some kid charging around, reprimand the little _____ and take the trolley away, done take them out of every store and make the rest of us suffer due to some little tyke, and a wingy lady who would probable complain at the slightest thing any way. Surely there have been people heels clipped with full size trolleys, I don’t see them taken them away.

My poor little kid was heartbroken to be made to feel like a grown up, and then to have it taken away. :(

Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

write to Tesco, I doubt they read this forum....

FWIW, I agree they're a good idea, saw them in France last year and wondered why they didn't have them here, then saw them in Tesco last week. Didn't realise they had been recalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My little fella was really upset this morning when they were not there. Thats such a shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Just to echoe the same sentiment. They are commonplace in France, and ideal for the little ones, and we were thrilled to see them in Tesco - gave us a reason to shop there more regularly, but alas, it wasn't to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

my 3 year old fella had a great time too. His trolley was full in 5 mins, but he was walking around in a trance, couldn't take his eyes off the shopping list on it with the result that i had to steer for him and my trolley, not easy. Can see how people would get heels clipped by accident. But to remove them altogether is typical of our compo culture society. Tesco are scared of claims from chancers with 'injuries' and it's easier to remove the trolleys altogether than deal with these cranks. I was suprised they were introduced in the first place. Not like tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭weebelly

Our little girl is nearly two. She had great fun with them. But, in fairness, she'd have bankrupted Tescos with claims if she was let loose with one every week. Can't believe that somehow the kids trolleys would cause more claims than the clumpy buckle-wheeled yokes that are normally available. Or the huge line of trolleys blocking the odd lane of the carpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Delighted to say that the trollies are now back. Let the ankle smashing begin.
    :D

My little one hasn't stopped talking about how happy she is that they are back. Will make the trip to she shops that bit easier.

Thank you Tesco.....

Advertisement