Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to boards, want to share my 'log'

Options
  • 12-10-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

At the start of the year I thought I would make a list of the books I read throughout the year, as I see, many of you do the same so here is mine!

*The time travellers wife by Audrey Niffenger: I thought it was amazing. (Haven't seen the film and don't want to)
    * A thousand splendid suns: Absorbing
    * The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie society by Mary Ann Shaffer: Loved this book, really captured the feel of post world war two Guernsey and London.
    * The Great Lover by Jill Dawson: Compelling and intelligent.
    * Revolutionary Road by Richard Yeats: I didn't enjoy this book that much at all, found it very depressing... it is the only book by Richard Yeats I have read, can anyone recommend another?
    * The Other Hand by Chris Cleave: Excellant, thought-provoking book.
    * La's Orchestra Save the World by Alexander McCall Smith: Good, bit of a fan of A.M.S
    * The Curious incident of the dog in the night time by Mark Haddon: Quirky look into someone with Asperger's
    * The Girls by Lori Lansen: enjoyed
    * Good Times by Justin Lee Collins: Not as fuuny as I thought but still a good read
    * The comfort of saturdays by Alexander McCall Smith: Good
    * I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith: Re-read for the fourth time; my favourite book....
    * The19th Wife by David Ebershoff: Very good so far!

Would love to see any recommendations, cheers!:)

Advertisement